PURPOSE and SCOPE
Participate as part of a team in the development and continuous improvement of innovative, market leading product designs. Team compositions vary and change from time to time, but will involve multiple engineers and technologists, team leaders, prototype shop and test personnel, supply/marketing/product support/publications/manufacturing and other specialists.
- Participation as a team member in all team project activities as identified, including but not limited to:
- Software development for Microcontrollers with experience in: IQAN Creative Studio and C/C++/C#
- App development for Android/IOS devices
- Ability to understand the control system theory relating to electrical/mechanical/hydraulic systems.
- Review and provide software spec improvements or maintenance for complex subsystems.
- Design support, including travel, for current product production and field issues. Provide support for software DVT activities,
- Prototype build and testing.
- Detailed understanding of communication protocols such as CAN(J1939), ISOBUS, RS232, USB, and Ethernet.
- Experience with model based software design using the MATLAB/Simulink tools.
- Experience in project planning and vendor selection.
- Component, subsystem, system designs to meet set objectives of performance, cost, durability.
- Risk assessments (DFMEA)
- Develop and implement validation plan (DVT)
- Build and support prototypes
- Develop product and service related publications.
- Current product engineering support.
- Continuous learning of MacDon and competitive products.
- Review and take appropriate action to all daily test reports and creating and supporting shop and test work orders
- MS Office product, in particular a good working knowledge of Excel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Engineering or Technology program.
- Eligibility for APEGM or CTTAM registration.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in machine design, and a strong background in mechanical/hydraulic/electrical systems are assets.
- Farm background is highly desirable. Including extensive experience operating and maintaining farm equipment; particularly harvesting equipment used in the markets MacDon competes in globally.
Job Type: Full-time
- Farm Background: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine Design: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)