The Process Engineer will report directly to the Operations Manager of LD (Large Diameter) at the Newark Quartz Plant. This position has responsibility in the manufacturing process of I21, LD quartz products used in a variety of industries as well as leadership over the 5s program for the site. The position requires technical excellence and the ability to work with a team of engineers and production workers to produce quality quartz products in a safe and cost-effective environment.
- Provide leadership, engineering expertise, and excellence to the Operations and Maintenance teams in support of Safety, Quality, Productivity, Delivery, and Organizational Development initiatives.
- Assist in the sustainability of stable operations and a Continuous Improvement culture through leadership, training and collaboration with internal and external resources.
- Lead identification, mitigation, and elimination of safety exposures.
- Ensure EHS compliance and improvement.
- Establish, update, and maintain production procedures, maintenance procedures, process/product control, and test data.
- Assist in the development of new products and processes.
- Drive continuous improvement in areas of safety, product quality, product delivery, and product cost through the analysis of plant data and collaboration with Operations and Maintenance personnel.
- Reduce product lead time via the implementation of Lean Manufacturing concepts on the production line.
- Audit plant activities to ensure compliance while maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Interact with vendors for project implementation and proposals.
- Lead and assist in the development and sustainability of 5S.
- Facilitate problem solving (root cause analysis) with corrective action through collaboration with Operations, Maintenance, and other support organizations.
- Collect and analyze process and production data to identify trends and ensure process stability.
- Ensure quality through analysis of incoming raw materials, process reliability, in-process testing, and final product certification.
- Identify, trial, approve, administer, and execute Appropriated Requests for the process and facility.
- Drive resolution of customer claims and reduce repeat claims to improve the total customer experience.
- Provide leadership to ensure all teammates are working in a safe and productive manner while following and improving processes and outcomes.
- Partner with the organization to drive business success through process and equipment reliability and teamwork.
- Drive variable cost productivity through process improvements
- Author of area Management of Change documentation and assignment of action items
- Development of trial plans and monitoring/execution of trial steps
- Team development to troubleshoot/solve process upsets
- Production throughput
- Cost and variance analysis
- Plant Leadership Team and Shop Floor Employees
- Sector Continuous Improvement Leader
- Site EH&S Leader
- Functional Leaders including Technology, Continuous Improvement and Commercial Organization
Travel Up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Process Engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated Capital Project Management Skills including engagement and management of internal and external resources
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated team contribution and leadership skills
- Strong analytical expertise coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to all levels.
- Demonstrated mechanical engineering aptitude
- Prior experience mentoring and coaching others with demonstrated change management skills
- Exhibits desire and courage to learn new skills and assume broader roles in the organization
- Energetic self-starter with strong leadership skills
- Exhibits a sense of urgency which translates to the floor
- Deliver on commitments: proven track record of sustainable performance
- Proficient in:
- Project Management and Leadership
- Root Cause Analysis
- Statistical Analysis and Interpretation
- Designed Experiments a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Job Type: Full-time