The person will be responsible to perform Manufacturing Engineering - special note: Must have a permanent work permit - minimum 5 years
Works with Maintenance to Set up new equipment and works with the machine operator with the new equipment.
Must be a part of Process Improvements and sit as a Team Member brainstorming ideas.
Must be able to look at a process on the floor and see how we can automate it.
Must work as a team member to research ideas, processes, vendors, etc... to fine tune processes to achieve the best flow.
A Manufacturing Engineer's scope of work focuses primarily on the design and operation of integrated systems.
He/she must always keep up to date with new technologies and improvements in the field to ensure they are providing clients with the most innovative advances available.
Must be an integral part keeping up to date with new technologies and improvements in the field to ensure they are providing clients with the most innovative advances available.
They will evaluate current manufacturing processes and identify a more efficient and cost effective facility layout.
Manufacturing Engineers must accomplish their improved overall efficiencies and outcomes while maintaining employee safety and upholding product quality standards.
* Uses state of the art CAD and solid-works to create Mechanical design, design validation and prototype fabrication.
* Provides individual and organizational capability in engineering to the customers as a service.
* Has to maintain project records on billing time as well as project management.
* Coach Jr / Sr level Engineers. Allocates work and mentors others.
* Provides deep subject matter expertise, advice and program delivery.
* Manages projects and program execution. Works across products, technical disciplines and core team.
* Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables.
* Influences others through their professional and technical expertise.
* Adapts communication techniques for for audiences at multiple internal and external levels.
* May manage vendor relationships during the scope of the project.
* Works with minimal Supervision on complex efforts involving development of components and sub-systems of customer products. May lead the efforts in these areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ensures consistency and thoroughness
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles & practices, including GD&T strategies
- Strong proficiency with customer specific CAD/CAE tools; understanding of the different tools for design / analysis
- FEA Tools - Cosmos, Solidworks simulation
- CAD tools - Solidworks, -other parametric design systems on review
- Knowledge of industrial processes involving process heating -I.e. injection molding, packaging, etc....
Education and or Skill Requirements:
* 8 years of Mechanical Engineering experience
* Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)