We are looking for a Startup Engineer to join our team!
Since 1974, Shermco has become North America’s largest and fastest-growing NETA-accredited electrical testing organization. Our focus is to make sure electrical power systems are functioning properly and safely. Add to that our Professional Engineering Group, Rotating Machinery Division, Renewable Energy Services, and Field Repair and local Repair Service Centers, places Shermco in a position to handle all things electrical. All done with an emphasis on safety and client service. That’s why we say… if it’s in the electrical power system, Shermco does it. Backed by Gryphon Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on profitably growing and competitively enhancing middle-market companies in partnership with experienced management, Shermco is poised for the next decade and beyond.
- Design, develop and implement control systems (logic software and controls hardware) to meet machine and integrated system requirements.
- Define commercial components needed to meet project needs, including acquiring quotes and lead time for critical items.
- Design machine control systems using CAD software that allows for effective control system implementation for electrical and pneumatics.
- Provide support during design, build and testing phase of the project.
- Provide clear communication with the project manager on schedule and scope implications through the project lifecycle.
- Lead the control debug activities to ensure the machine debug phase of the project is completed on schedule.
- Assist with initial start-up and debug of integrated systems in house and at customer locations.
- Draw out and document customer requirements that form the basis of the contractual scope of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Controls Engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Controls, automation, SCADA, and instrumentation experience.
- Familiar with Siemens, Rockwell Automation, Wonderware, and/or Ignition platforms.
- Siemens Automation certification a plus.
- Must be able to fluently read, write, and speak English.
- Must be willing to travel overnight approximately 25%.
- Experience with programming PLC’s (e.g. Allen-Bradley, Siemens, GE Fanuc, Modicon).
- Proficient in Design/Drafting Tools such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks.
- Configuring and designing HMI/OIT systems (e.g. Allen Bradley, Cmore, Direct Connect).
- Familiar with Industry Standards NFPA 79, UL and CE.
- Familiar with various Motion Controllers & Robotics (Staubli, ABB, Fanuc, Automax, Allen Bradley).
- Experience in troubleshooting control system issues.
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Willing to travel as necessary to support the business objectives (including International).
- Excellent time management skills and problem solving with the ability to work independently from problem statement to solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable presenting technical information.
- Willingness to take on and complete multiple project assignments quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to learn independently to find best automation solutions.
Indeed Hire and Shermco Industries are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Controls, automation, SCADA, and instrumentation: 1 year (Required)
- AutoCAD or SolidWorks.: 2 years (Required)
- Siemens, Rockwell Automation, Wonderware, and/or Ignition: 1 year (Required)
- Siemens Automation certification (Preferred)
- Wichita Falls, TX 76302: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)