BairesDev is proud to be one of the fastest-growing companies in Latin America and a welcoming, highly rated employer (Glassdoor Employee Score: 4.3). With more than 2,200 employees in 27 countries and world-class clients from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, we’re only as strong as the multicultural teams at the heart of our business. BairesDev runs on talent. To consistently deliver the highest quality solutions to our clients, we only hire the Top 1% of IT Talent and nurture their professional growth on exciting projects for companies like Google, Pinterest, and Udemy.
About the Role:
We are looking for a MySQL DBA Developer to implement, configure, maintain, secure, and perform critical databases to ensure availability and consistent performance of database platforms. This is an excellent opportunity to be one of the key members of our Engineering team and position yourself for unique career growth opportunities.
What You’ll Do:
You must have:
- Perform day to day administration of several MySQL replica sets.
- Evaluate, create, manage and optimize large complex datasets.
- Troubleshoot query performance issues as they arise.
- Assist with migration of datasets to cloud environments.
- Maintain and improve administration scripts.
- Set data security standards, controls and monitoring.
- Implement improvements with high availability, disaster recovery and backup/recovery solutions.
- 5+ years of MySQL administration.
- 5+ years Linux experience, with bash scripting as a must.
- 2+ years experience with cloud platforms, GCP (Google) preferred.
- Self-directing on project completion.
- Familiarity with database monitoring tools such as Percona MySQL Monitor.
- Advanced English level.
- 100% remote work.
- Flexible hours - make your own schedule!
- Diverse and multicultural work environment.
- Paid parental leave, vacation & holidays.
- Hardware setup for you to work from home.
- Excellent compensation — well above the market average.
- Extensive opportunities for growth and professional development thanks to our mentoring system.
At BairesDev, remote work is at our core. Enjoy the opportunity to have a dynamic lifestyle, better health, and wellness. Find renewed passion in your job, improve your productivity, and benefit from attractive growth opportunities for your career.
If you are interested in being part of a team composed of the best professionals and working 100% goal-oriented in an innovative environment, but with the structure and resources of a multinational market leader, do not hesitate to apply!