Position: Industrial Network and IT Engineer
The Industrial Network and IT Engineer is the lead technical resource for presales, implementation, and support of Industrial Network services and IT solutions. The Industrial Network and IT Engineer will work directly with our customers to deliver Assessments, Designs and Implementations specific to industrial Networks and Virtualization solutions. This resource will also execute other billable services, including virtual image deployment, switch configuration, server configuration, VPN configuration, and thin client provisioning. Other duties will include working directly with the companies’ SCADA and PLC Project Engineers to help deliver robust and reliable Industrial Controls Systems and SCADA solutions.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform ‘hands-on’ network/cybersecurity/wireless assessment, design and implementation of simple and complex process automation and/or discrete controls networks for a variety of automated processes and equipment.
- Perform configuration of small to medium sized virtualization solutions. (server and thin client).
- Perform Stratix and Cisco switch configuration e.g. Cisco IE-4000
- Articulate impact to and requirements of the Industrial Controls Network as it relates to PLC, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, motion control, etc. technology and applications.
- Provide Technical Sales support specific to industrial network services and solutions.
- Provide Technical Customer Training, workshops, onsite training sessions, etc
- Write detailed documentation that include user needs, system specifications, observed issues with remediation recommendations or implementation requirements in order to develop or modify network and/or control system infrastructure.
- Act as liaison between customers Information Technology (IT) department and Manufacturing/Operations Technology (OT) departments.
- Ability to accurately articulate the requirements and priorities of both IT and OT stakeholders
- Present technical findings to non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization to gain buy-in around both the concepts and the value of acting on design changes.
- Experience in the following installation and configurations are desired.
- VMWare ESXi
- Veeam Backup and Replication Software
- SCADA systems such as, FactoryTalk View SE, Wonderware, Ignition
- Cradlepoint or other similar cellular communications
- Cisco ASA Security Appliance
- Ring Networks (Fiber and Copper)
- Access Points
- Domains and DNS (including Active Directory, DHCP, etc)
- Syslog Servers
- IDS, Intrusion Detection Systems
- ICS Security, Industrial Control Systems Security packages
- Experience with the following industrial protocols are desired.
- EthernetIP, ModbusTCP
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or comparable industrial experience with certifications.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communications, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience configuring IT equipment (Cisco, VMware, etc.)
- Experience creating part number level bills of material for simple and complex network solutions
- Minimum of 3+ years as Network Engineer or related jobs
- Previous experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team completing full project life-cycle implementations
- Demonstrate Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrate an ability to influence and guide team members when required
- Exposure to Industrial Control Systems including PLC, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, motion control, etc. technology and applications (Rockwell or comparable platforms)
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements:
- Network Engineering Certification (CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching/Wireless, CINS Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist, VCA, VCP, GICSP)
- Understanding of CPwE DIG (Converged Plantwide Ethernet Design and Implementation Guide)
- Understanding of ISA, ANSI, NEMA, NEC and NIST standards.
Job Type: Full-time