At Plenty, we're on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that's better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a Test Engineer to help our team of scientists and engineers to tackle problems that reimagine the way food is grown.
About The Role
The scientists and engineers at Plenty are revolutionizing the way humans grow food. We are seeking a Test Engineer for our Plant Science Test team in Laramie, WY to help develop equipment and processes to reliably test new crops, farm technologies, and grow conditions never before studied in the history of agriculture. You will be part of a fun and dynamic team that is passionate about sustainably delivering unprecedented quality, flavor, and nutrition to people worldwide.
What You'll Do
- Design, procure, and commission new test systems including large-scale grow spaces
- Design and execute tests requested by plant scientists and engineers located in both Laramie and South San Francisco
- Harmonize test infrastructure and conditions across platforms to ensure test data translates into valuable learnings at scale
- Collaborate with engineering teams to upgrade test systems with the latest farm technology including devices, sensors, data acquisition systems and controls
- Perform sensor calibration, equipment stress tests and equipment performance validation to ensure test systems operate consistently and reliably
- Author test plans, test reports, SOPs, and other relevant documentation
- Drive root cause analyses and develop corrective actions to test system issues
- Implement and evangelize safety best practices
What We're Looking For
- B.S, M.S., or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years industry experience in test engineering, validation, or related role
- Experience designing and specifying grow spaces, environmental test chambers, or other systems incorporating thermal / HVAC, fluid, electrical, and mechanical subsystems
- Highly collaborative individual with experience supporting science and engineering teams
- Experience developing and authoring test plans, test reports, and SOPs
- Experience collecting, organizing, and clearly communicating test data
- Passion for continuous improvement of test system reliability and data integrity
- Experience working with general contractors and/or facilities teams to coordinate building system upgrades and infrastructure improvements
- Champion of safety best practices
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.