Manager - R&D Manager of Package & Product Stability Testing
Mast Global, a wholly owned division of Lbrands, is a high-performance organization that brings together the production and sourcing, logistics, information technology and digital functions for the enterprise. Together, Mast is the engine that powers Lbrands by providing the solutions and capabilities that help to "make, move and enable" our world-renown products and brands: Victoria's Secret, Pink, and Bath & Body Works. With more than 40 years of experience, Mast Global is known worldwide as a premier supply chain organization with a reputation for innovation, speed, efficiency and quality. Our teams strategically source and develop intimates, apparel, accessories and gifts, home fragrances and personal care products that create an emotional connection and brand loyalty with our customers.
A trusted advisor to both internal & external strategic business partners for new personal and home care product development. A leader within the department that will drive newness and testing innovation while supervising a team of highly motivated and experienced associates from various scientific backgrounds to achieve the technical, aesthetic, and advanced performance requirements that our consumers have come to expect. Oversee all packaging, compatibility and stability testing laboratory functions for their assigned brand teams to ensure that the final consumer package and product meets validation test parameters and product shelf life. Support the development of a new world-class corporate R&D testing center within the organization while establishing the capabilities to develop innovative products for a well-known family of brands.
Accountable for multiple brand package and product testing projects, research and innovate new product testing and development protocols, trouble shoot issues and navigate out-of-spec decisions with R&D, QA and Package Engineering while driving root-cause analysis to identified occurrences. Develop customer requested testing to ensure all protocols are current and that all new testing is incorporated or revised. Accountable for the status of projects and related project activities to ensure efficient and timely completion of testing and reporting.
- Lead experienced technicians through effective communication and project management while supporting their personal growth and development
- Recommend analytical and technical solutions for commercialized products and new development
- Support ideation of cost savings, new product innovation and development, and quality corrective action
- Recommend and develop automated and innovative testing procedures to optimize efficiency throughout the department by continuously researching potential solutions to meet our product needs
- Supervise and carryout all assigned brand commercialization testing projects while providing results and recommendations to cross-functional partners
- Provide continuous updates and feedback to leadership within the department including direct manager, director, and VP
- Maintain analytical and comprehensive testing results within SAP system while maintaining established project timelines
Report directly to the R&D Manager - Package & Product Stability Testing. Indirectly work with Product Development, R&D, and Package Engineering in assigned brand group while establishing a significant relationship with key third party vendors.
- Drive innovation and curiosity within the department while supporting a culture of newness
- Rigorous evaluation of every consumer package to assure consumer functionality and usage.
- Maintenance of PLM and support data systems
- Assure all appropriate samples and new products are placed on test while maintaining all published commercialization timelines
- Build external vendor relationships
- Testing all relative product forms while maintaining commercialization timelines
- Maintain dialog with PD / vendors on submissions and compliance to standards
- Oversee out-of-spec reporting by associates and work with manager on resolution and technical problem solving.
- 2 direct full time reports + periodic contractor(s)
- Five (5)+ years well rounded package technical experience in regulated personal care or similar consumer product industry.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to timelines while working in a fast paced environment.
- Experienced with managing direct reports and driving accountability within all responsible brand teams
- Innovative approach to product development, innovation, and testing protocols
- Proficiency in PC Skills in Microsoft applications such as Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Strong knowledge of Technical Systems and Data Management Skills.
- B.S. in Package Engineering or other technical related field.
- Professional development seminars to maintain and increase knowledge and skill sets in quality auditing.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.