Crown is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of packaging products and equipment for consumer and industrial products. Crown's packaging for consumer products include steel and aluminum cans for food, beverage, household and other consumer products, glass bottles for beverage product and metal vacuum closures and steel crowns sold through Crown's sales organization to the soft drink, food, citrus, brewing, household products, personal care and various other industries. Crown's packaging for industrial products includes steel and plastic strap consumables and equipment, paper based protective packaging, and plastic film consumables and equipment, which are sold into the metals, food and beverage, construction, agricultural, corrugated, and general industries.
With operations in 47 countries employing over 33,000 people and net sales of over $11 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to growing economies in Asia, Eastern Europe, South America and the Middle East and North Africa. Whether improving existing technology or pioneering a new concept, we are committed to working in partnership with our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally.
The Telecommunications Engineer is responsible for assisting in the management of the company wide area networks with an emphasis on servers and network equipment in Crown’s manufacturing plants and warehouses. This individual is responsible for testing, implementing, and maintaining servers and network equipment in 40+ North American Crown locations. Ability to provide support remotely from corporate office and onsite where necessary. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and a thorough knowledge of best practices are critical to successful performance in this role. This individual will report to the Manager of Telecomm.
The general focus of this position is in the following areas:
1. Primary WAN/LAN network server support contact for all North American Crown facilities
2. Support and maintenance of telecommunications equipment and phone systems including Avaya phones, VOIP, PBX, video teleconferencing equipment, and voicemail.
3. Assisting the Manager of Telecommunications with ongoing projects and daily tasks.
4. Support of the corporate wireless networks and wireless clients
FLEXIBILITY & ADAPTABILITY
Applicants must be extremely flexible and adaptable. As an IS employee in an important role, the Telecommunications Engineer may be required to work in different locations, environments, schedules, with different people, and during non-business hours. The work schedule may be subject to change based on project requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding of network architecture and routing, Cisco experience a plus
- Strong understanding and experience working with PBX and VOIP telephone systems and their administration
- Ability to troubleshoot variety of LAN/WAN related problems
- Thorough understanding of wireless networking
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft networking philosophy and experience with a range of clients and end user devices
- Extensive experience with Windows server administration (Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019)
- Strong understanding of Active Directory
- Experience with Group Policy creation and maintenance
- Knowledge of server backup best practices
- Strong understanding of Microsoft HyperV and working within a virtual server environment.
- Clear knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and OSI model
- Ability to compose documentation for variety of tasks
- High energy, clear goal orientation, and strong work ethic
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment but also on own initiative when required
- Excellent customer service skills. A friendly, professional demeanor is extremely important
Express ideas clearly in both written and verbal communication; plan and organize own work; quickly learn and apply new technologies; plan and manage technical projects; develop appropriate network architecture documentation.
Advanced knowledge of:
Network Analysis Techniques; Analog and Digital Phone systems plus voicemail; Routing/Switching; DNS; DHCP; Wireless networks; Network Management; HP Servers; Wide Area Networking; Virtual Server Technologies; Windows Server system administration; Active Directory administration; network design techniques and principles; Microsoft networking; Networked system backup technologies.
- A minimum of 5 years IT experience with at least 3 year in a networking & server support role.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant IT certifications.
- Must be able to provide after hours, on call support when necessary
- Travel may be required.
10 - 20%