Pratt Miller is seeking a Multi-body Simulation Engineer to participate in the application and development of advanced vehicle simulation tool sets using leading-edge simulation technology. The simulation work will include multi-body model development, model troubleshooting, and model validation & correlation. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in physics and mathematics, and possess either a Master’s degree in Engineering or a Bachelor’s degree with 2 or more years of industry experience in the development of multi-body vehicle models.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and execute vehicle simulations using custom-developed Dymola vehicle models and custom-developed simulation tool sets
- Build complex component and vehicle subsystem models
- Perform various levels of model validation and correlation based on available data to assure accurate replication of vehicle behavior
- Troubleshoot model solution or correlation issues and report modeling needs back to the simulation development group
In addition to the above responsibilities, tasks relating to the following area will be assigned as required:
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Required Education and Training:
- Attendance at Pratt Miller meetings
- Education / training
- Provide feedback on Pratt Miller product needs and processes
Required Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- At least 2 years professional or academic experience in simulation development (motorsports preferred).
Preferred Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in the development of multi-body simulation tool sets
- Solid Mathematics and 3D physics background
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with numerical analysis methods utilizing products like MATLAB, Python, or R
- Ability to work independently and move projects forward with little direction
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills for communicating with other Pratt Miller team members and clients
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Race or high-performance vehicle development experience using full-vehicle simulation
- Experience with multi-body simulation tools, specifically Dymola/Modelica
- Programming experience in any of the following languages - Matlab, VBA, Python, R, C, C++
- Long hours may be required
- Stress may occur periodically
- Limited amounts of travel may be required
Pratt Miller is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.