Dawson is a Native Hawaiian Organization 8(a) small business that brings the Spirit of Aloha to our employees. As part of the DAWSON Ohana , you will be provided a best-in-class benefits program that strives to ensure our great people have peace of mind when it comes to health and wellness. For more information about DAWSON and our benefits programs, please visit www.dawson8a.com.
Under the task order, the contractor will provide services as HVAC Engineer in the field of Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) system delivery, particularly during the construction phase of the acquisition process. This is in support of project execution for the DPRI program, Navy and Marine Corps MCON, and other Supported Command MILCON programs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The contractor shall:
- Review drawings, specifications and other design documents for a wide variety of large, complex projects.
- Monitor the status of construction projects for quality and timeliness of construction on contracts that involve technically complex mechanical system aspects.
- Make site investigation field trips to project sites, as required, to collect all pertinent data.
- Perform technical administration of commissioning and testing programs, including coordination efforts with other engineers and architects involved in multi-discipline projects.
- Track the progress of assigned projects to ensure timely support is provided to the field offices and that the submittals are reviewed within allotted schedules.
- Provide oversight for the Duct Air Leakage Test (DALT), the Testing, Adjusting and Balancing (TABs) program, and the associated Performance Verification Testing (PVT).
- Routinely provide on-site surveillance of mechanical equipment and systems.
- View field testing of mechanical equipment and systems as an integral part of the facility commissioning process.
- Prepares correspondence and reports.
- Provide summary of accomplishments to NAVFAC Pacific CI43, Mechanical Branch Manager via weekly and monthly status reports.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR OTHER
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- The contractor must have demonstrated experience and expertise as HVAC Engineer based upon Tasks/Services described above.
- High degree of proficiency and skills in oral, written, and graphic communication.
- High degree of competence in use of NAVFAC software applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, AutoCAD, PAVER, etc.) and other computer skills needed for design management and execution.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or, experience with Commissioning of HVAC Systems or, TAB Certification.
- A Professional Engineering License in Mechanical Engineering is desirable, but not required.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR