Suulutaaq, Inc. is a General Heavy Civil Contractor, currently looking to hire an engineer for both our Northern California and Oregon construction operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Project Superintendent in daily construction operations
- Work will take place both in the field and office
- Conduct pre-construction and progress meetings.
- Create Work Plans, and job hazard analysis.
- Monitor water quality from dewatering and storm events
- Prepare earthwork plans and calculations
- Track excavation quantities using GPS equipment
- Submit and track material Submittals
- Write, submit, and track Request For Information
- Track cost of field operations using data from project control budget
- Keep track of employee time, quantities performed and correspondence with others
- Create and maintain project schedule
- Coordination meetings with the subcontractors and project owners
- Purchase materials for projects
- May work on one or more projects simultaneously.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Construction Management Degree, or Civil Engineering Degree
- PC literate in Microsoft Office applications with a proficiency in Excel and Word
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug test as part of the selection process.
- Candidate must consent to a background check.
- Candidate must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Must have a clean driving record for the past 3 years
- Must be able to walk through rough construction sites and lift 70 pounds from the ground
- Construction experience
- Bluebeam Software
- Recent experience on a Federal or State construction project
- Experience with GPS
- Experience with Stormwater SWPPP/ BMP’s
- P-6 Scheduling Software experience
- Experience with cost estimating
- Training, certification and career development
- Flex time
- Paid holidays each year
- Paid time off (PTO) each year
- 401K IRA retirement plan with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
This company, its subsidiaries, and joint ventures will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation, protected veterans status, or sexual orientation. All selection, hiring, and promotion decisions will be based on valid job related requirements consistent with performance of the essential functions of the position. This policy is in keeping with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Acts, as amended, and other applicable federal and state laws.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given qualified to The Kuskokwim Corporation Shareholders, Alaska Natives and American Indians in all phases of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off