Celsee, Inc., is harnessing the gentle power of gravity to break down barriers in single-cell analysis. The Genesis System’s unparalleled capture and viability rates enable scientists to analyze molecular signatures from hundreds to millions of cells, uniquely allowing the process of two Slide Technologies for improved results across applications such as single-cell cytometry, single-cell proteogenomics, single-cell transcriptomics, rare-cell enumeration, and immune monitoring. This groundbreaking technology can achieve accurate biological insight by capturing more cells and provides a practical, scalable, and efficient approach to analyze rare cells. It is open and customizable to support method and application development as well as protocol optimization. Why choose to work at Celsee? Because Every Team Member Matters.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Celsee is seeking an experienced Design Engineer to join our innovative multidisciplinary engineering team. In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams developing consumables and system components across a wide array of applications. This position will be based at our Ann Arbor, MI campus. You will engage in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, and transfer to manufacturing. The candidate should have proven success in understanding complex systems, efficiently designing and executing experiments, performing data analysis and communicating results.
Additionally, you will work in teams identifying, documenting assessing, correcting and preventing quality issues using risk analysis, root cause analysis tools, DFSS concepts from initial product concept through transfer to sustaining.
❯ Facilitate new consumable and system component development for manufacturing of single-cell analysis and microfluidics applications.
❯ Work closely with Systems Engineering, Assay Development and Product Development in all aspects of new product development and transfer to manufacturing.
❯ Develop robust designs that can be produced cost-effectively meeting technical requirements and according to established project timelines.
❯ Work from product specifications and requirements to develop component and assembly geometry, specify materials, and establish acceptable performance metrics.
❯ Design and perform experiments to validate novel microfluidic consumables and system performance according to intended application.
❯ Own construction, testing, and analysis of prototype consumables and pilot products.
❯ Communicate results effectively, guiding the team through data and your observations on critical design decisions.
❯ Prepare mechanical drawings and assembly models complete with dimensions and tolerances using 2D and 3D CAD.
❯ Create documentation for manufacturing processes, interfacing directly with manufacturing to ensure success.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science degree in Plastics, Mechanical, Chemical or Biomedical Engineering. Additionally, 5+ years of experience developing products for the medical or life sciences industry.
As well as:
Experience with Design for Manufacturability and working closely with contract manufacturers and vendors to ensure design intent is realized
- Specific knowledge of current commonly used microfluidic device manufacturing processes and techniques, as well as familiarity with related manufacturing equipment vendors
- Experienced using SolidWorks for mechanical design
- Good understanding of polymeric materials and manufacturing techniques, specifically injection molding, extrusion, lithography, heat bonding and ultrasonic bonding
- Experienced in rapid prototyping techniques (CNC machining, 3D Printing, Sheet Metal, etc.)
- Knowledge of manufacturing and process development activities such as qualification, validation, design of experiments (DOE), and FMEA
- Experience with microscopy, fluorescence imaging, high-speed imaging and single cell analysis.
- Proficient in Geometric, Design and Tolerancing (GD&T) principles
- Proven ability to set and execute priorities in a timely manner
- Proven determination and resourcefulness to carry out complex projects through completion
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Strong DOE, data analysis and documentation skills
- Ability to work both as an individual contributor and as a key member of the team
Position reports to the Director of Engineering and works on all assigned tasks/projects that are within scope for the defined position.
Most work is performed in an indoor office, engineering lab, and biochemistry wet lab environment. Minimal travel to local suppliers or consultants is required.
Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Celsee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.