Chemical Engineer REQ# 20000017
Provide timely technical support to the consumable supplies business by developing new supplies, testing and improving current supplies, provide technical support to customers, perform failure analysis and assist with quality improvements in consumable supplies.
Consumable supplies product development:
This includes development of UV curable and heat seal adhesive, coating and ink formulations applicable in web coating and lamination applications. Utilize web coating, slitting and converting processes to develop ribbon based consumable products useful in card personalization
Conduct performance evaluation of the card personalization supplies like print ribbons, laminates, topcoats, stickers and inks.
Perform failure analysis for plastic card solutions
Work with suppliers to develop and qualify consumable supplies
Independently lead small projects involving development or continuation support
Conduct qualification testing of consumable supplies
Conduct experiments and analyze data
Conduct card durability testing
Write technical reports
- Bachelor’s degree in in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science
- 0+ years of product development experience involving chemical formulation and electromechanical systems
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 15%
- Must be able to lawfully work within the US and have unrestricted work authorization for US
- 3+ year of product development experience involving chemical formulation and electromechanical systems
- Experience in web coating and converting industry
- Experience in UV curing technology and formulations of inks, protective coatings or adhesives
- Experience in card personalization technologies
- Experience in thermal transfer ribbons development
- Good technical problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical performance in a fast paced environment, demonstrated capability in managing multiple projects/tasks at the same time
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on problems of moderate scope.
About Entrust Datacard
Our growing company relies on curious, dedicated and innovative colleagues to anticipate the future and provide solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure world. Entrust Datacard technologies and expertise help government agencies, enterprises and financial institutions in more than 150 countries serve and safeguard citizens, employees and consumers. Each year, our solutions secure billions of transactions — and every day, our technologies issue and manage more than 10 million secure identities. How do we do all of this? Together.
Join us. Together we’ll create solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure life.
For more information, visit www.entrustdatacard.com. Follow us on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Entrust Datacard Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
NO AGENCIES, NO RELOCATION