IronMountain Solutions (IMS), Inc. is seeking a General Engineer to serve as subject matter expert in one or more functional areas of engineering in support of the PM Apache Attack Helicopter Office (AAH-PMO) Production & Fielding division based in Huntsville, Alabama. Selected candidate will perform as a member of the Production & Fielding engineering team. An ideal candidate for this position must be able to work independently, often without direct supervision, be self-motivated, be able to handle multiple tasks, and be able to build strong relationships across multiple project offices with all levels of government employees.
Education and General Experience:
A BS degree in engineering (Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, or Software) and a minimum 15 years of general engineering experience is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Experience working on Army Aviation development programs. Apache Helicopter experience is desired.
- Ability to manage development and engineering projects.
- Familiar with technical manufacturing, production, and/or retrofit technical requirements.
- Work experience in a Project/Program Management Office.
- Solve critical technical issues throughout the Apache weapon systems life cycle, analyze and interpret data, collaborating with the appropriate offices to transition cutting edge technology to production.
- Draft and coordinate input for contractual statements of work involving weapon systems engineering to include technology improvements, criteria for continued use, failure or sub-par performance investigations, obsolescence-related configuration changes and maintenance or field modifications.
- Draft technical performance requirements for rotorcraft systems.
- Review and approve, in coordination with the airworthiness authority, contractor-submitted Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), drawings, repair criteria, technical manual updates, specifications and other technical documentation.
- Perform technical evaluations of contractor-submitted proposals in coordination with project office business and contracting personnel.
- Develop process improvements, working with Government and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to coordinate organizational activities required to meet mission objectives.
- Maintain proper systems view by coordinating with other Government and contractor personnel who systems interface with the AH-64 platform.
- Maintain cognizance of aircraft and general rotorcraft status and development activity and work to address any related issues that may impact AH-64 production and/or fielding activities.
- Collaborate with industry, academia and international partners to ensure the mission is accomplished.
- Support the Assistant Product Managers as required to maintain the Apache production line, systems quality, and on time deliveries using an organized approach and a participative management style.
- Brief senior project office leadership as required in a professional manner.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%
IronMountain Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. Also, IMS does not discriminate against an employee or job applicant because the employee or applicant inquired about,
discussed or discloses the compensation of an employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. Compensation includes, but is not limited to, salary, wages, overtime pay, shift differentials, bonuses, commissions, vacation and holiday pay, allowances, insurance and other benefits, stock options and awards, profit sharing and retirement. For more information go to U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
If you believe that you have experienced discrimination contact OFCCP (Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs): 1.800.397.6251 | TTY 1.877.889.5627 | www.dol.gov/ofccp | 200 Constitution Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20210.