Job ID: 349120
Lyman-Richey Sand & Gravel Company, A CRH Company, has been supplying aggregate materials for construction and development projects for more than 130 years. What began with a single clamshell dredge and a horse and wagon has evolved into a large-scale production and trucking business with several plants in the Omaha metro area along Nebraska’s Platte River.
The Plant Engineer Trainee will be responsible for a variety of services to the Lyman-Richey Aggregates division employee and management group including but not limited to assisting the Plant Engineer and Plant Supervisors in their day to day work processes, learning functions of running, producing and engaging in the day to day operations of Lyman-Richey aggregate plant locations, following, implementing and engaging in the MSHA rules, regulations and inspections.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Work closely with Plant Engineer to perform various duties including mine planning, plant engineering and troubleshooting, and inventory control.
- Work closely with Plant Operation Supervisors to gain experience managing employees in all aspects of aggregate production, including safety, dredging, processing, maintenance, quality control.
- Communicate with supervisor on issues affecting the business including personnel, safety, maintenance, and planning.
- Work with Safety Department to ensure compliance with City, State and Federal regulations.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities are properly maintained.
- Work with the Quality Control Department to ensure products meet specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university or comparable discipline or other related discipline and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and abilities preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Report to work dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Knowledge of MSHA/OSHA related laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate a hands-on, collaborative approach; work well in a team.
- Ability to manage employees, clearly communicate expectations and monitor performance, provide ongoing feedback to support and build employees.
- Takes a broad scale, long term view, assessing options and implications required to develop and achieve goals of the organization to move it forward.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to manipulate or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Position will occasionally require the frequent climbing of ladders and steps.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception. Local travel will be required.
- Employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, heights, working around water and with machinery that is on water. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Lyman-Richey Sand & Gravel Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Job Type: Full-time