Experienced Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
Charles River Interactive is seeking an experienced Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist to become part of our tight-knit media team and agency family. You must be extremely motivated to provide best-in-class service to our clients while helping expand our agency capabilities and expertise. You will be a key member in the development and execution of strategic SEO strategies for our clients. Ideal candidates will love to work in a collaborative team environment, strive to help clients succeed in meeting their business goals, nimbly manage multiple tasks, and thrive in a fast-paced, detail-oriented digital advertising agency environment. We want a goal-oriented individual who is motivated to learn, provide best in class work, and above all – has an entrepreneurial outlook. We are looking for a person who pushes boundaries, looks for ways to make things better and doesn’t settle for “this is the way it’s always been done”. If you thrive on a fast-paced environment, challenges and problem solving, this is a perfect opportunity to join our growing team.
The SEO Specialist will work closely to help develop, implement, and manage SEO campaigns for our new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with client contacts ranging from the Marketing Manager to the IT Director to the Webmaster. The SEO Specialist’s role will involve taking “ownership” of client campaigns, including client relationships, reporting, and communicating recommendations to drive more traffic and conversions to their site. Specific job responsibilities include:
- Research and implement SEO recommendations for website architecture, content, internal linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords and online visibility.
- Lead ongoing SEO efforts, including but not limited to: keyword research, on-page optimizations (including keyword insertion/deletion, metadata, etc.) landing page optimization, and conversion optimization.
- Collaborate with clients and agency partners to create, implement, QA, measure, and iterate ongoing SEO strategies.
- Analyze and interpret campaign performance data and reports.
- Understand how to maximize crawl budget, remedy site performance issues, and implement/troubleshoot structured data using a variety of tools and technology.
- Uncover, understand, and achieve client goals and business objectives through campaign customization.
- Recommend and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals.
- Assist in the development and execution of communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with SEO goals.
- Ensure that all client deliverables include actionable insights and analysis of past results, performance trends, relevant industry best practices, recommendations, and next steps.
- Manage service line client relationships through an “open-door policy”, which includes regular phone conversations and in-person meetings.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media, and internet marketing industry trends and developments.
- Work with the client’s website developer to implement analytics code, metadata, tracking pixels, and work out tracking and other technical issues.
- Ability to conduct critical analysis and identify key insights.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and perform under tight deadlines.
- Certifications/qualifications in Analytics, Data Studio, and/or other key marketing platforms are a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables), Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Creative and thoughtful experience in presentation build-outs is a plus.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of GA and GTM.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills for communicating internally and with clients
- Desire to collaborate on new opportunities and challenges, and be a team player!
That’s it for the job - moving on to why you should work at CRI:
We are a welcoming, upbeat company that takes a different client-facing, consultative approach to digital marketing. We support your professional growth and we put you in the middle of an innovative team within a well-established company.
Besides getting to do work that we are passionate about, here are some of our favorite things about working at CRI:
- Small company, with a family-feel
- Half-day summer Fridays!
- Open workspace promoting collaboration and team learning
- Blended work environment between remote and in-office
- A reverse commute from Boston—avoid the traffic!
- An array of refreshments and snacks
- A fun, flexible, creative work environment
- Onsite Fitness Facility and Café
- Generous vacation policy
- Attractive benefits package including health, dental and vision coverage
- Matching 401(k) investment options
Job Type: Full-time
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Work Location: One location