Reporting to the VP Business Solutions & Technology, the Software Developer will research design, implement, manage and support software programs and their environments. They will identify areas for modification in existing programs and work with the team to plan development of these modifications.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Work in collaboration with Solutions Analysts to analyze and design solutions, filter and prioritize requirements for development.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing supporting documents, code comments and clean/concise code.
- Develop information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions following the software development lifecycle.
- Design and update software databases
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software by investigating problem areas and proposing solutions
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Manage software environments, deployment pipeline and associate databases for all custom software development products
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required
- 2+ years’ experience in web and software development
- Experience with products like Github, Jira, Confluence
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42,774.00-$93,291.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Are you a resident in the province of Manitoba?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Web and Software Development: 2 years (preferred)