Perform full range of technical tasks and assignments requiring high degree of original thinking as they relate to aerospace electrical and avionics systems.
Seeking an experienced candidate with a solid background in design and test of Avionics & Electrical Systems with integration of complex software and hardware, including Electrical Power Generation and Distribution Systems, Integrated Avionics Systems and Displays, Communication and Navigation Systems, Mission Equipment Integration, Sensors and Vehicle Health Monitoring Systems.
This position will report to Mesa, Arizona.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *include the following.
Responsible for the research, integration, testing, certification, and follow-on support of avionics and electrical systems and components. Work closely with equipment manufacturers as well as other systems engineers and test pilots within the organization to establish and refine cross-system requirements for highly integrated avionics systems and ensure a high quality end user experience with a safe, robust, and intuitive system design.
- Design and integrate electrical and avionics system installations (i.e. electrical power distribution systems, engine instrument EICAS installations, EFIS system installations, weather radar, micro-wave communications, aircraft intercom, search light systems, aircraft and non-aircraft radios, and airborne imaging systems).
- Define avionics and electrical system level requirements to meet requisite aircraft level certification requirements.
- Experience with system and software level design is a plus, including requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, verification and validation testing in desktop simulation environment and systems integration labs, aircraft flight test, and aircraft/system qualification and certification is strongly desired.
- Define test requirements and prepare test plans and reports.
- Preparation of Electrical Load Analysis (ELA), System Safety Assessment (SSA), and Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA) in support of aircraft certifications activities.
- Experience with Systems Integration Lab activity is a plus to include:
- Functional testing of developmental systems software and hardware.
- Software and hardware configuration control and documentation processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Knowledge of avionics and electrical design, certification, integration and analysis.
- Knowledge with Federal Aviation Regulations (14 CFR Part 27 and 29) or equivalent TCCA and/or EASA certification standards as applied to qualification of aircraft Avionics & Electrical Systems.
- Knowledge and/or experience of equivalent military design and certification standards is a plus
- Ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Knowledgeable of and the ability to use SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Unigraphics version 16, NX5 or better.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment to support both engineering and production as well as address various projects concurrently.
- Ability to write detailed test plans, test reports, process control documents and avionics & electrical engineering reference manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and general public.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced working environment.
- Access to Export Control Information required.
- Regular attendance at the worksite required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE*
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering from a four-year College or University
- 5–9 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS*
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work performed in an office and factory settings.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities._
MD Helicopters, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity._
Location: 4555 E. McDowell, Mesa, AZ 85215
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location