Civil/Structural Engineer - Licensed PE or SE
J.S. Held
Rochester, MI

About $68,000 - $93,000 a year

Civil / Structural Engineer - Licensed PE or SE

J.S. Held is a leading multidisciplinary consulting firm and we are seeking Civil/Structural Engineers (PEs and SEs) to enhance our already robust team of professionals supporting our clients throughout the US. Our engineers routinely perform forensic investigations, provide consultation, prepare and deliver technical papers; and serve as expert witnesses. Our areas of practice include residential, commercial and industrial buildings’ roofing, fenestration and envelopes; marine and inland structures’ foundation systems; hazard assessments and resulting damage; design and construction defect evaluation; and premise liability evaluations. Assignments will potentially require some travel. Active involvement in professional associations and societies is encouraged and supported.

Job Responsibilities:
Conducts field observations, testing and data collection
Prepares reports detailing observations made, tests conducted, and results obtained
Works with building departments to determine repair directives
Meets with and presents to peers and clients
Conducts research and develops technical topics for publication

We would like to talk with you if you have:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (from an ABET accredited school required)
PE or SE license (required)
2 to 5 years of design experience or construction experience
2 to 5 years of forensic experience
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Computer skills (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
A desire to learn, excel and grow with us and within the profession
Please send your resume today for confidential consideration. J.S. Held offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) with a strong and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) match. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer and have a good driving record.