Will assist ionospheric researchers to develop, implement, and improve the modeling of the ionosphere. Will directly collaborate with senior university and the government researchers to achieve the desired science modeling, solve scientific equations both analytically and numerically. Will transition existing research-level code to more efficient numerical algorithms, develop new code, develop tools for visualizing and analyzing model output, and document all code and procedures. Work will include writing code, running code, testing code reliability and performance, identifying problems and interpreting the results for verification purposes in collaboration with the researcher.
2+ years of experience in software development, preferably for scientific modeling or data processing systems using Agile methodology. Must be comfortable writing numerical computation code in C/C++ and IDL/Python for rapid prototyping or analysis. Must be to independently analyze ambiguous research objectives and develop necessary technical activities associated with scope and schedule. Must have enough knowledge of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) to communicate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to understand the principles of translating from the theoretical physical world into computer programs that emulate the real physical world. Must be familiar with developing in Linux. Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance or equivalent.
- Experience or background in space weather science or ionosphere is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in establishing DevOpsSec best practices in Cloud computing environment is very desirable.
- 4 + years of experience in secure software development is desired.
- Knowledge and expertise in using GIT is desired.
- Using development tools from IDEs and Compilers to Software Repositories, Build Automation, Collaboration, and Bug-tracking tool is plus.
- Familiar with various testing methodologies such as TDD (Test Driven Design) and using an automated testing framework such as xUnit and others is plus.
- Knowledgeable about information assurance practices in DoD or NIST security is plus.
Must be a US Citizen and able to pass a background investigation to enter the applicable government facility.
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.