Metson Marine Services seeks applicants for a Maintenance Supervisor to support fleet maintenance, operations and vessel support services at Kings Bay Submarine Base, Georgia. Metson Marine Services is responsible for maintaining Government furnished equipment and various watercraft associated equipment. The maintenance supervisor oversees all preventative/corrective maintenance as well as Engineering staff. Mechanical platforms include Cummins, Honda, Westerbeke, and Yamaha on a variety of Tugs, Harbor Security, Utility and Oil spill response boats. Candidate will also need to qualify for various deck positions on watercraft. Ability to obtain Coxswain rating a plus.
Maintenance Supervisors will create maintenance schedules, review/enter maintenance information and upload supporting documentation into the Wheelhouse Commercial Maintenance Program. Candidate will verify Wheelhouse Commercial Maintenance Program information for accuracy and completeness, conduct maintenance, conduct equipment tag-outs and document in the maintenance program. The Maintenance Supervisor shall conduct and document quality assurance checks and perform the role of Project Manager at their installations in the absence of the Project Manager.
- Maintain and repair various equipment and watercraft per task order specifications.
- Responds to / corrects mechanical deficiencies in assigned watercraft.
- Ability to work underway in the functions of deckhand, preferably Coxswain
- Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as required for the performance of the contract.
- The Maintenance Supervisors will have a minimum of five (5) years demonstrated leadership and management experience including developing fleet maintenance schedules for vessels, ancillary systems and waterfront equipment predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Minimum of one (1) year boat engineer experience in a waterborne environment highly desired.
- Documented experience with a commercial or Navy planned maintenance system
- Mechanical experience with outboard, diesel, electrical and hull systems, knowledge of OSR equipment, waterfront and support equipment maintenance is required.
- Must have the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance. Prior clearance at Secret level a plus
- Experience with complex Navy drawings / vessel specifications highly desired
- STCW or Navy 2nd Class swim Qualified or ability to obtain
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position
- Applicants will be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements
- An applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check.