Technical Project Assistant - (00054084)
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
- Work in collaboration with other technicians and engineers in a team environment with the development and execution of test procedures in support of existing and developmental terminal programs.
- Analyze and resolve integrated network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Accurately document procedures and results during test and operations and the ability to effectively communicate status to the engineering team is required.
- Operations and maintenance (up to tier 2) of Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Terminals.
- Experience in military communications or a systems integration laboratory environment focusing on operations and test of Beyond the Line of Sight (BLOS) Satellite Communications systems.
- Strong familiarity with laboratory test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, and signal sources as well as experience with electronic test methods.
- Experience coordinating equipment repair and calibration with external service providers and providing shipping and other logistics support to field tests of prototype electronic systems.
- Experience with soldering and cable building as well as ability to read, generate, and communicate technical drawings and diagrams.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate technical topics with technicians and engineers.
- Communications equipment experience should include SATCOM through Milstar, AEHF, MMP, FOT, SCAMP, AF CPT, DMU SMART-T and/or commercial SATCOM systems.
- Candidate should also possess a familiarity with DoD and NISPOM network security requirements.
- Experience with Milsatcom electronic and communications systems. Knowledge and skills required to perform operations and two-level, organizational level maintenance on the Comm Systems in support of the Air Force Nuclear C2 mission to include Milstar Command Post Terminals.
- Identify and locate, terminal operations, dry running test procedures, functional block diagram analysis, use of technical orders, and organizational level performance testing, and fault analysis.
- Familiarity with standard networking interface and protocols including serial, TCP/IP, and Ethernet is desired. Experience in any of the following is desirable: coding language such as Python or C Experience, Cisco router and Circuit-to-Packet systems familiarity, and Wireshark.
- Experience with basic data plotting and formatting in Excel, LabView, MATLAB, or Satellite Tool Kit (STK) is desirable.
- Experience with cryptographic equipment, key material, and associated devices. Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to adapt to situations when things do not go exactly to the procedure.
Technical Project Assistance
This requisition requires a clearance of:
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Aug 27, 2019, 2:14:50 PM