The successful applicant will provide electrical engineering expertise for Ideal Aerosmith’s products and testing solutions. Typical areas of focus include servo systems, analog and digital logic as well as general system integration. While not being an expert in all areas of the product, the successful electrical engineer will have a working knowledge on how the electrical system interacts with the mechanical and software portions of the product. The position also requires the ability to work with minimal supervision, start projects with minimal parameters, complete assignments accurately and on schedule, excellent troubleshooting skills, and the ability bring out the best in other team members.
- Apply principles and practices of electrical engineering to design the electrical system for the Ideal Aerosmith product.
- Prepare technical drawings and specifications for the electrical system components.
- Develop and coordinate test procedures to ensure operation of equipment meets quality standards, regulations and customer requirements.
- Confer with engineers, product management, customers, and management to discuss existing or future engineering products and projects.
- Provide electrical expertise to the integration team and to customer support as needed.
- Provide estimates for labor, material, and other costs for quotes and timeline development.
- Participate and lead within the guidelines of the Entrepreneurial Operation System
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and other regulatory standards.
- Initiate, lead, and implement continuous improvement activities to achieve profitability and improve quality.
- BS or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years of electrical engineering design experience.
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) and obtain a passport.
- This position requires the employee to work in a restricted facility that requires US citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- Organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Must have the ability to lift and/or carry 45 lbs.
- Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation.
- The position can require walking, standing, squatting, crouching, stooping, lifting, climbing, pulling, pushing, sitting, repetitive motion and kneeling.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Electrical Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Grand Forks, ND (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift