This can be a Test Engineer Level I, II, III or IV (Senior). Job duties listed below is for a Level IV but functions can be reduced depending on the level for candidate coming in if not at a Level IV.
Essential Job Duties:
· Trains, mentors, and develops Engineers and other personnel on procedures, advanced data analysis concepts, and best practices related to testing.
· Acts as the technical expert for the engineering department in a specialized area of test and measurement technology.
· Works with sales or marketing to review customer requirements that products meet national or international standards.
· Researches, plans, schedules, sets-up, and supervises major test projects on products, equipment, or systems according to test procedures or best practices.
· Researches and writes test procedures to perform engineering tests on new and existing products or systems that comply with accepted industry standards.
· Analyzes test data and write technical reports of test results. Uses the data, observations, and engineering experience to draw conclusions from the results and compare to the engineering specification if available. Determines root cause of failure or make recommendations for improvement
· Interprets national and international standards (ISO, SAE, etc) documents and designs tests to meet all requirements.
· Proposes, researches, designs, and analyzes new in-house test equipment.
· Researches new test equipment or sensor technologies to perform a certain test.
· Leads the testing activities required for R&D research projects into new mobile equipment technologies.
· Assists Test Engineer I/II/III or Technicians in the installation and operation of data acquisition equipment and sensors required for a particular test.
· Works with major component suppliers (Engine, drive system, etc) or customers on joint test projects. Acts as the point of contact for the Test Group.
· Works as a team member with other engineers, technicians, and field service personnel to complete a testing project or on ad hoc projects.
BS Mechanical Engineer or related degree. Years of work related experience depending on level coming in: can be from 1+ year for a level I, to 6+ years for level IV.
Only U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents at this time since company does not provide current or future sponsorship. Excellent benefits including 401K matching and full relocation for out of area candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- Testing components & systems for autonomous vehicles: 1 year (Required)