Great opportunity in the clinic!
Works with clinical data management systems and programming tools to provide programming support in data management activities and deliverables including, but not limited to, database development and data validations. Works within a multi-disciplinary project team to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget.
Education and Experience:
- Participates in performing some or all of the following within the timelines established by the team, in accordance with the process outlined in the departmental procedures and indicated by the project contract:
- Designs, builds and tests project databases and edit checks.
- Defines and imports data into the system.
- Maintains timely production of database activities to ensure efficient staffing and conduction. Facilitates adequate lines of communication between project managers, study teams, PI's and other related departments.
- Performs programming activities in line with project requirements.
- Researches and leverages resources to resolve issues and manage increasingly complex tasks through the development and application of new knowledge and/or professional skills in areas including programming and technology.
- Creates and ensures accurate study database per protocol and SOPs.
- Ensures physician's schedules/times are entered correctly and are accurate in regard to specific technical procedures.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years).
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good written, verbal and computer skills
- Good attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities and manage assignments to deadlines
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages or knowledge of relational database systems (RDBMS) and structure
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of confidentiality with clinical data and client's proprietary data
- Capable of attaining, maintaining and applying a working knowledge of GCPs and applicable SOPs
- Capable of working well with others
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day. • Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. • Frequent mobility required. • Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck. • Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs. • Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf. • Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. • Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups. • Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration. • Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task. • Regular and consistent attendance.