Welcome to API Technologies! We hire people who are curious, resilient, and want to make a difference. Our employee’s impact goes beyond designing and manufacturing electronic components, together our work is exploring space, protecting soldiers, and saving lives. Our high performance components, assemblies, and subsystems are used inside mission critical environments; such as, the space station, fighter jets, and embedded medical devices. Our company of experienced engineers and technologists work by these values – safety, integrity, respect, ethics, trust and continuous improvement. Join a company where we strive to put excellence in everything we do, including your career. Learn more about us at
The Filter Design Engineer is responsible for the design and development of RF and microwave filters, components and subassemblies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Design RF and microwave components using synthesis and simulation computer aided software
- Utilize engineering principles and published techniques to research, design, develop and test RF and microwave components.
- Design lumped element, cavity and/or printed filters
- Analyze a given RF, mechanical and environmental specification and propose and design the best solution
- Prepare design and process documentation including: Schematics, assembly and test procedures
- Select and specify components used in the design and production of the product
- Lead project design team for complex integrated assemblies
- Reviews technical specifications and prepares preliminary designs, in support of quotations and marketing activity
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Direct test activities to ensure operational testing conforms to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Test Prototypes to ensure compliance with customer requirements and may work out all the details of design prior to full scale production
- Assign changes required after prototype test to drafting group for documentation update
- Work with production personnel to develop new systems and procedures that will improve efficiency and work flow in production
- May interface with customers on technical issues as needed
Certificates and Licenses:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics AND
- 5+ years of direct experience in related industry OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong computer knowledge on the PC platform and knowledge of relevant software such as: RF simulation, electronics, non-linear analysis, mechanical design and/or other similar programs
- Strong Technical capabilities
- Thorough understanding of DC and AC circuit analysis, digital electronics, solid state electronics and microwave theory
- Experience and knowledge of relevant test equipment such as: microwave network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, sweet generators, frequency counters, power meters, pulse generators and other items
- Experience with one of the following software packages: Genesys, Microwave Office, ADS, HFSS/CST, S/Filsyn, PCFilt
- Understand and specifies the machining, plating, manufacturing processes and assembly (including soldering) of lumped element, cavity filters and/or printed
- Experience and knowledge of relevant test equipment such as: microwave network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal analyzers/generators, power meters and pulse generators
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics with 10 years of direct experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with a mechanical design CAD package such as: AutoCAD or SolidWorks and directs the drafting and mechanical design personnel with regards to mechanical design, layout, part and assembly documentation
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is an office-based position in a manufacturing environment
Bachelors or better in Electrical Engineering
Bachelors or better in Physics
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)