Liquid Automation Systems, LLC (LAS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Industrial Marketing Strategies, LLC(IMS), is an international supplier of integrated system solutions and comprehensive services for managing mission critical fluids in the aviation and industrial markets. LAS is based in Pelham, AL and operates throughout North America and the Caribbean. LAS is experiencing significant growth and we are looking for a talented Mechanical Designer
The candidate selected will play a key role in maintaining the positive energy of the company, creating and revising engineering documents in coordination with engineering, service, and sales departments.
This position reports to the Manager of Engineering and will be responsible for the following duties and tasks with discipline, organization, and a positive approach.
- Create, revise and maintain engineering drawings. Sometimes under the direction of an engineer and other times autonomously. Drawings will cover a variety of styles and purpose such as: piping design, component details, system details, site layout, controls schematics, P&ID, general arrangements, and production details.
- Collect and organize design and engineering information such as measurements, new part documents, bills of materials, and other production data.
- Assist in the assembly and testing of LAS systems.
- Support the service department with technical information and trouble shooting.
- Effectively communicate with all members of the LAS team, and maintain productive working relationships.
- Travel to site and assist with site surveys, system startup, and commissioning.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Adobe Acrobat (preferred not required)
- VISIO (preferred not required)
- Knowledge of basic drafting principals
- Working knowledge of production and manufacturing practices
Experience and Education
- 5 years designing and drafting
- Certified SolidWorks Professional
- Associates degree preferred or higher preferred
If you are someone who is excited about an opportunity to be challenged daily, desires to learn and improve your skills, and wants to play a significant role with a highly motivated team in positively impacting the aviation market and growing personally and professionally, we are interested in talking with you about potential employment with LAS!
Job Type: Full-time
- Drafting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Solidworks: 5 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (Preferred)
- Pelham, AL 35124 (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules