POSITION SUMMARY: Supports management of programs to ensure they are executed as planned and that customer and regulatory requirements are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES:
- Support the management of Programs from conception through completion while meeting all internal, customer, and regulatory requirements as per TPG’s Gate Process [TPG-SOP-GATE];
- Provide support to project management to ensure project goals and deliverables are met;
- Support and/or manage project budget;
- Provide technical interface between external supply base, program development leaders and Mechanical Design & Process Engineering to meet defined technology objectives, as required;
- Ensure effective communication with customers and interested parties throughout project life cycle;
- Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, as required;
- Attend relevant internal and external technical meetings and design reviews, as required;
- Participate in product verification and validation activities, as required;
- Provide training and/or installation support to Customers and End-Users, as required;
- Ensure all technical documentation is generated in compliance with TPG’s Change Control procedure and Configuration Management processes;
- Proactively support changes in project scope, identify risk, and support contingency and risk mitigation plans;
- Collaborate with other engineering functions within TPG to aid and assist in project/product transitions;
- Support the quoting and proposal process by providing technical information, NRE, travel, labor, and special testing costs, as required;
- Participate in the Contract Review and Contract Kick-Off process; and
- Participate in USG, Customer, and Third Party audits, as required.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: Product Development Engineer 1 must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents, be familiar with the GD&T system and its standards/specifications. Needs a strong working knowledge of relevant software (e.g., MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD, Catia V5 is a plus). Needs to exhibit strong leadership kills, and the ability to operate under pressure. Must have strong decision-making skills, work well in diverse groups, and exhibit excellent organizational, technical and communication (oral and written) skills in the English language.
This position requires use of and access to information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Accordingly, all Project Managers must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Temporary Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
This position also requires eligibility for a government security clearance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility. Employee may occasionally lift or move up to 35 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work usually performed in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional work performed in production setting.
Product Development Engineer 1: Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in the field of Engineering from an ABET accredited school program with 2+ years’ work experience in a related field preferred hands on engineering environment, preferably in composites. Experience should include drafting and submitting program/proposal documentation, and developing and managing schedules. Experience should include project engineering, program management and budget development or planning.
Project Manager: Bachelor’s Degree (BS) from an ABET accredited school/program.
As a Federal Contractor, Point Blank Enterprises, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation.
Please do not direct any other general employment related questions or resumes to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
Point Blank Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- TPG’s Gate Process : 4 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 3 years (Required)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place