Accountant - Ventura Land & Developments
Looking for a great place to work? A place where you can use your strong accounting and construction background in an entrepreneurial and uncharted way? Then think about us for this outstanding opportunity!
Reporting directly to the Assistant Controller, this position will mainly be responsible for the full cycle accounting for Ventura Land Company, Ventura Developments and associated companies.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
· Strong compensation plan
· Excellent benefits
· Bonus Match program
· Long term stability of organization
· Organization that is committed to your career advancement
· We strive for a constant improvement of the employee experience
· Organization that is committed to the community
· Free Parking
· No two days are ever the same!
Ventura Land Company is a Manitoba-based land development company with communities in LaSalle, Dugald, and Stonewall. Ventura Developments is a condominium development company that specializes in urban infill in mature communities, as well as greenfield development in new communities. We are a progressively minded group of companies, always striving for continual improvement in design, quality, customer service and processes while providing our employees with a fulfilling, empowering workplace to thrive within.
This position is located in our beautiful office in South Winnipeg - which is conveniently located near Kenaston and McGillivray.
For more information on our organization go to http://www.ventura.mb.ca/
As Accountant, the incumbent is responsible for the following:
- Prepare progress payment billings and monitor collection
- Reconcile Statement of Adjustments from lawyer, prior to final possession
- Complete GST rebate forms
- Update and maintain seasonal listing for work completed. Request funds from lawyer and track receipt of payment
- Track deposits with Municipalities/Developers, follow up & request funds
- Prepare miscellaneous invoices
- Prepare inter-company billings
- Manage collection of accounts receivable and security deposits, prepare weekly/monthly reports of collection and problem resolution
- Process daily bank deposits
- General ledger account analysis & reconciliation
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Prepare monthly/quarterly GST filings
- Complete job cost files and variance analysis
- Supply information required for reporting to financial institutions
- Assist with special projects when required
· Minimum of 2 years of strong administration experience
· Strong accounting background
· Degree or Diploma in Business Administration preferred
· Some construction or real estate experience would be an asset
· Demonstrated proficiency in written/oral communication (writing, planning, editing, formatting) in the English language
- Must have high degree of computer literacy in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, and possibly SAGE)
- Strong keyboarding skills (min of 40 WPM)
- Experience in customer service is an asset
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, problem solve and proceed with objectives without supervision
· * Ability to think like an owner
TYPE OF PERSON WHO WOULD SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
· Highly organized - able to work within a high pressure, high volume environment, with the flexibility to work occasional overtime
- Directive personality – solves problems in decisive manner
- Sense of urgency – with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Detail oriented – but with creative ability to get the job done
- Strong drive to help others
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- A driver for bottom-line results
If you are excited about this opportunity and believe you are qualified to join our team, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume, along with a cover letter that briefly responds (in 3 separate numbered paragraphs) to the following questions:
1) Relevant qualifications and work experience
2) Why you feel you are you a good match for this role
3) Your salary expectations (ball park)
* If you do not include a cover letter – your application will likely not be read
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in us.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and believe strongly in diversity.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 /year
- Finance / Accounting : 2 years (Required)
- Adminstration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sage: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)