We are seeking a skilled Plant Engineer to assume a leadership role in resolving customer concerns, improving productivity, reducing scrap and optimizing existing and future processes.
The Plant Engineer position will involve:
- Hands on problem solving, repairing and continuous improvement of the overall manufacturing operations.
- Establishing optimum extrusion processes and process controls through machine and process capability studies.
- Generate standard operating procedures.
- Partnership with technicians and operators while providing training, guidance and hands on support for sustaining stable processes.
- Initiate and carry out cost savings and lean manufacturing (Lean Six Sigma) initiatives.
- Assist in equipment specification, selection, installation and process set up
- Take a leadership role in expanding plant capabilities and capacity through expansion, automation, process improvement and standard operating procedures
Requirements for the Plant Engineer include:
- BS Degree Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with in plastics manufacturing environment
- Hands on experience with equipment selection and installation
- Computer proficiency
- Experience working with plastics extrusion
- Lean manufacturing experience
Preferred skills for the Plant Engineer:
- Experience with blown and/or cast film manufacturing.
- Experience with TPM, Quality, or Production
- Experience with SPC or DOE.
- Experience with Startups/Changes/Troubleshooting.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Plant Engineer: 5 years (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location