We're looking for web application developers who want to advance in Data Applications. The technology will run from typical web app stack into GIS tech such as BI, AI, Data Visualization, Analytics, and Multi-Mobile applications. Our Application developers on top of custom systems, services, data repositories, cloud, microservices, and web applications who enjoy agile or iterative development to help transform our clients (who tend to be in Natural resource missions) legacy toolsets into user-friendly, feature-rich web-based geospatial decision support and analysis tools. We need Application developers who like working beside both other competitive ninjas as well as client developers who are just ramping up (meaning, know when to keep your geek ego in check). You'll be able to continuously develop your web technology skills.
Our developers :
bring experience in appropriate refactoring concepts, documentation, notations, algorithm design, and software engineering built-in. At times, you'll work directly with and get domain guidance from our Chief Architect and report to our Lead Solution Architect who have both been significant Government change agents for multiple decades. Both enjoy mentoring, collaboration, and making appropriate decisions and as quite familiar with these client strategies, tactics, protocols, and solutions that will be successful. Our client base enjoys the value these two bring, and have made repeated requests for support for them and their teams over the years.
Our goal for this interaction is not only quality assurance. Our application developers consistently over the years write us after they have 'graduated' and moved on saying "I would have never learned these skills if it wasn't for your architecture mentoring approaches". If you are looking to be invested in, can balance humility and excellence, you will truly enjoy working on our projects.
We do NOT currently have an opening.:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 or more years: of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience. Or :relevant Master's Degree and 3: or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience. or r:elevant PhD: or equivalent relevant education/experience
- Could pass ad-hoc technical and whiteboard test given various either application design pattern challenges, root cause analysis, and demonstration of agile project patterns in patterns of large data visualization, application front-end design, and use case analysis scenarios
- Previous experience supporting scientific programs, preferably government related, in earth management and sciences including marine, atmospheric, hydrological, topographic, geological, renewable, or a myriad of dozens of other critical earth sciences.
- Must be able to rapidly context switch across subject matter, communication and architecture products, and stakeholder audiences.
- Experience with remote sensing, image processing, spatial statistical methods, Geospatial data editing, and Web Service Architecture – preferably in energy and renewable energy.
- Must be able to pass basic NACI, background, drug and reference checks and possible security clearance
- We emphasize a balance of work and life and target 40-50 hour weeks with ample times to refresh with great paid-time off.
- Must be able to demonstrate fast, quality typing/coding as well as fast visual prototyping. Bonus: if can get hands-on in geospatial technology
- No Relocation Assistance, must be local
We review our requirements quarterly and this could change. We like to plan ahead in finding amazing talent.:
We are a fast-growing data consulting and support services firm - focused on large data programs in data types such as geospatial, open, big, and IoT data. Check out www.xentity.com to learn about our focus, services, clients, missions, values as well as our excellent benefits package and career information.
We have high profile clients and projects that our staff really delivery for, as well enjoy knowing they make a large difference.
Our President has a vision to continue to focus on solutions that transform the Next Generation. Using data integration, knowledge solutions, and amazing increases in computing to impact energy, geosciences, land management, we can bring quality and simplifications to existing and new data flow! Imaging being on a team that brings advanced concepts like high performance computing, AI, data science, fuzzy logic, changing interfaces human-computer points mobile or augmented reality and many more disruptions. This truly can put the I back in IT and GIS.... by concentrating on pragmatic knowledge-first data designs, leadership and management, and the all too forgotten focus on outreach and engagement strategies and solutions.
More can be found at careers.xentity.com