The primary function of Aircraft Completions Liaison Engineering department is to support operations build of aircraft by coordinating all engineering efforts required to facilitate the fabrication and installation of the aircraft interior. Actively develop engineering product improvements. The Liaison engineer shall support aircraft customization requests including design, fabrication, testing, and final delivery. Additional responsibilities include developing alternative design approaches, including establishing design verification.
Successful applicant will be self-motivated, and able to develop an approach from initial procedure review, data processing, task optimization, and specifically communication of technical information to a wide range of audiences, meeting customer needs. Candidates should have a willingness to work off-shift and weekend hours on occasion when program milestones require. Applicants must be willing to constantly review existing processes and methods for continuous improvement.
Ideal candidates for the Completions Liaison Engineer will have mechanical engineering experience, preferably with aircraft cabin interiors and systems.
Must be proficient with CATIA V5 as well as other engineering related software.
Ensure aircraft schedule and budgets are met to support schedule for each aircraft's Supplemental Type Certification (STC) for on-time customer delivery.
Commodity support to include by not limited to:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Water System
- Mechanical Systems
Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job. Entry level. 0 to 18 months experience.
Position Purpose :
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and solution of basic problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes by completing discrete engineering tasks on schedule 2. Using company procedures, applies engineering knowledge to resolve routine issues 3. Analyzes and evaluates results of project activities 4. Prepares recommendations for changes and compiles necessary reports for various department supervision 5. Recognizes discrepancies and/or problems with analysis/test results and works toward corrective action
1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Continues learning and developing knowledge of application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise Perform other duties as assigned.
1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade level will be established by each discipline. 2. Work is closely supervised/monitored, follows established procedures and methods.
3. Failure to achieve results may cause delays in program schedules.
4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
5. Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, mentor, and other exempt professionals in the group or department.
6. Works under general supervision for most tasks.