Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Deeply committed to protecting Earth’s resources and preserving asset value, Raven Engineered Films produces high-quality flexible film and sheeting. From rugged, textured pond liners to highly-technical balloon film as thin as a sandwich bag, our lighter, stronger film and sheeting solutions are developed to solve demanding challenges. We are looking for dedicated team members to helps us on our pursuit of operational excellence and quality at all levels.
Raven Engineered Films division is currently seeking a Quality Lab Technician. This will be a rotating schedule, 6am - 6pm schedule. The Quality Lab Technician ensures products conform to quality standards as well as supports laboratory activities in the division.
- Utilize drawings, work instructions, or blueprints to interpret requirements for materials, products, or processes.
- Perform verification and/or testing of raw materials and finished products to order and required specifications.
- Assist in maintaining quality control testing equipment, including calibration, minor repairs, and coordinating major repairs.
- Obtain product samples from production.
- Train production staff on use of testing equipment.
- Perform process inspections.
- Assist division leadership with training and safety needs.
- Maintain documentation on acceptance/rejection of inspection data.
- Work with other teams to resolve quality-related issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum 2 years related experience in quality is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a production environment is beneficial.
- Ability to read blueprints and work instructions, and maintain accurate records.
- Basic math and mechanical skills.
- Proficiency with a computer, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market:
Technician, Engineer, Maintenance, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing