Sherptek seeks a mechanical design engineer with an eye for form and mind for function to help design, test and manufacture custom modular truck bed replacement systems and new product lines for the company.
- Design products using CAD and consult with colleagues to ensure designs are feasible.
- Develop and build prototypes and run tests to measure their level of safety and function.
- Record and evaluate testing data, altering designs as necessary to bring them to safety, performance, efficiency and aesthetic standards.
- Consult with colleagues during product manufacturing, advising on design specifications and providing physical assistance when required.
- Calculate cost estimates for final product designs and release reports to supervisors, incorporating costs of labor, material, delivery and overhead.
- Engage in the manufacturing process and develop new tooling and fixtures to aid in processes.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Manufacturing skills and proficiency
- Proficiency with 3D CAD, CAM, spreadsheets, and various document creation software
- Investigative mind inclined to develop practical solutions to real-world problems
- An open mind and ability to adapt to changing workflows and tasks
- Ability to problem solve in an efficient manner
- Tidy and organized work spaces/shop tendencies
- Clear and concise communication
- Proficiency using hand tools, power tools and fabrication equipment, including: manual mill/lathe, welding (MIG & TIG), CNC plasma/router/laser/mill/press brake
- Familiarity with aluminum, steel and composites, and their properties and limitations for manufacturing
- Familiarity with automotive and/or aerospace industry engineering and construction techniques
- Familiarity with DOT and FMVSS regulations
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program and/or equivalent experience
Ideal candidates will …
- pay acute attention to details
- have a desire to leave things better than when found
- be open to learning from all colleagues and willing to share knowledge and experience with all colleagues.
- habitually keep a detailed notes/work journal
- be multifaceted in their thinking and skill sets; we are a small company and everyone must wear multiple hats to fit in for long-term integration
- always want to find a better way; be dedicated to continuous improvement
- be excited about learning, growing and testing/stretching limits
- conduct themselves in a professional manner, always being prepared and showing up on time
- be a clear and concise communicator
- be willing to have a flexible schedule and work long hours/weeks when needed
- be excited to split time between computer and all aspects of shop work
- have had manufacturing/production experience prior to or in conjunction with their engineering experience
- love to get their hands dirty on the shop floor as much as they love to dive deep into computer design work
SherpTek flatbeds and accessories are designed and precision engineered to be the lightest on the market while retaining strength and durability so you can haul even more to your favorite mountain tops. SherpTek’s customized builds fit any size truck and enhances the truck’s functionality with infinite attachment points that allow you to quickly and easily switch out accessories. All SherpTek products are made in the USA with aerospace and marine-grade materials and are manufactured with acute attention to detail for the ultimate in high-end gear hauling products. For more information, visit SherpTek.com.
Please send your resume with cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Mechanical Design: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: