If you have a high attention to detail, genuine love of learning, a knack for solving problems and a long attention span, you may be the right fit for our new CNC Programmer/Machinist position. We are looking for a CNC Programmer/Machinist to produce, refine and perfect prototypes under the direction of senior management. You will be responsible for carrying new products through the prototyping phase so they can be added to our product catalog. After a new product is finalized, you will also train our production team how to manufacture them.
As the machine operator, the successful candidate will be a highly skilled professional with excellent attention to detail, capable of seeing priorities through completion, a mechanical aptitude, and an enthusiasm to continually improve construction and efficiency in our design and product workflow. In order to excel in this role, you will also have to possess in-depth knowledge of the latest equipment and techniques we use, including: CAD and CAM software, experience using a CNC machine cutting a variety of materials, and experience using hand and power tools.
About POEM Design Co.
POEM Design Co. is a home décor manufacturer with substantial online sales through e-commerce marketplaces. We use laser cutters, CNC machines and other equipment to manufacture our products at our facility in Minot, ND.
·Responsible for drafting technical drawings, creating toolpaths using CAM software, cutting, finishing, and fully assembling prototypes for evaluation.
·Working closely with on-site management team to make designs more feasible and increase manufacturing efficiency of new products.
·Training production team to make new products once final prototypes are approved.
·General support to POEM Design Co. production team in cutting and assembling products, as needed.
·Fully autonomous operation of CNC machines, laser cutters, and other equipment for use in prototyping and finalizing new product designs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· 3+ years of hands-on CNC experience
· Must have experience using CAM software
· 5+ years of experience using wide variety of hand and power tools
· Ability to create product designs using CAM software
· Good communication skills
· Quick learner and able to improvise to solve problems
· Methodical and high attention to detail
· Understanding of general construction/mechanical/fastening principles
· Enjoys and excels and methodical tasks
· Easily adapts to changes in workflow and designs with little notice
· Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
· Actively strives for safe and tidy work environment
· Ability to work autonomously while meeting project deadlines
Education and Experience
· Bachelor or Associates degree a plus
· Preferred study in precision machining, mechanical engineering, or related field
· Will be required to lift up to 75 lbs on regular basis
· Will be required to stand for several hours at a time
· Moving, climbing, bending, kneeling and handling materials is required
Job Type: Full-time
· Relevant: 3 years (required)
· CNC Programming: 3 years (required)
· CAM & 3D software: 3 years (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- CNC Programming: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off