Position: Production Engineer
Location: Port Chester, NY
Position Reports to: Director of Production
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
At The Shade Store, we have handcrafted the finest Shades, Blinds and Drapery for more than 70 years. We believe designing beautiful custom window treatments should be an effortless experience, so we offer outstanding services to help our customers every step of the way, from inspiration to installation. We are always looking for friendly, passionate people to help us deliver the finest custom window treatment experience to our customers. Our team is growing and expanding, and there has never been a more exciting time to be part of it.
THE POSITION: Production Engineer
As a Production Engineer you will work directly with manufacturers to ensure our products are produced with the utmost efficiency and quality. You will be constantly challenged by a rapidly growing and evolving company to bring innovative and modern manufacturing techniques to an industry ripe with opportunity.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in manufacturing quality, optimization, and process standardization at our contract manufacturing facilities.
- Develop meaningful partnerships with our contract facility’s management and work force to leverage their experience and knowledge to drive process improvement.
- Through defect analysis of customer and installation team feedback, work to review, categorize, and investigate manufacturing defects to identify root causation.
- Drive continuous improvement both internally across peer support departments and on the production floor at each manufacturing location.
- Audit to ensure that implemented process improvements are successful and being followed.
- Update and document construction procedures in accordance with developed manufacturing improvements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- B.S. In Engineering Degree
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- Willing to travel +33% of the time (Domestic – East/West Coast + Midwest)
- Experience in project management required
- Experience deriving and driving process improvement initiatives
- Comfortable on the manufacturing floor working hand in hand with the work force
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Outlook, & Word
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting
- Familiar with Six-Sigma, SPC, and/ or Lean methodologies (certification in either is a plus)
- Self-motivated; can identify and drive improvement on their own
- Experience working with fabrics a plus but not necessary
- Experience in a contract manufacturing environment a plus but not necessary
WHY YOU WANT TO BE HERE
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility. Our strong growth rate will continue to create advancement opportunities for strong performers. We offer a number benefits including; highly competitive compensation, medical benefits, 401k available with a match up to 4%, $100k in life insurance coverage, short term disability coverage at no charge, the chance to participate in charities and local events, company meals and much more.
If you are looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we would love to hear from you!
ABOUT US: Visit our website at https://www.theshadestore.com/corporate-info/careers to learn more about The Shade Store and our career opportunities.
THE SHADE STORE offer is contingent upon:
- Successful completion of reference checks
- Successful completion of background check - including SSN verification and Criminal Search
- Proof of legal authorization to work in the United States for The Shade Store, which will be confirmed by E-Verify within three business days of your hire date
The Shade Store provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time