Technology Advancement Group®, Inc. (TAG®) is a 30 year old, ISO 9001 certified company that manufactures highly specialized rugged computer systems designed to survive harsh military environments. TAG’s headquarters, located on our 8-acre campus in Dulles, Virginia, includes 35,000 sq. ft. of research and development, systems manufacturing, and Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT/HASS) capabilities. Specializing in Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) technologies, TAG’s Precise Positioning Service, Global Positioning System-Survey (PPS GPS-S) is the Army’s Program of Record for geodetic, construction, and airfield survey. TAG’s strength is meeting unique military program requirements, as evidenced by approximately 20,000 TAG systems deployed across DoD today.
TAG is looking for a Hardware Engineer to join our team effective immediately! The Hardware Engineer will be part of a small team focused on developing TAG’s growing portfolio of rugged GPS and Survey systems, rackmount PC’s, displays, small form factor and tablet computers. The Hardware Engineer assists in all phases of product lifecycle, from initial design through deployment and support.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the design, documentation, integration and test of both COTS and custom hardware components:
- Requirements Documents
- Performance Specifications
- Schematic capture and PCB design and testing
- Cable Design
- Prototype Assembly
- Support the test and production of Hardware components
- Schematics and Circuit Boards
- Assembly Procedures
- Functional Test Procedures
- Design Verification Procedures
- System Testing
- MUST be a United States Citizen
- Must have or be able to obtain Security Clearance
- Experience working within electronics design, assembly, and testing in a product development environment. This includes developing custom circuit boards, including component selection, design documentation, circuit simulation, PCB layout, fabrication and assembly.
- Experience documenting their work for formal release to their organization or outside customers.
- Must be comfortable working with other engineers with varying backgrounds, including remote teams, and contractors.
- Must be able to self-manage time and coordinate activities relating to the design and manufacture of electronic products.
- Experience creating and reviewing engineering documentation – design specifications, schematics, BoM’s, PCB’s, test plans/procedures
- Experience with PCB assembly and test procedures
- Experience with laboratory test equipment – oscilloscopes, spectrum and network analyzers, power supplies, DMM, etc.
- Knowledge of HW communication standards, e.g. UART, RS232, RS422, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, USB, PCI-Express, SATA, MIPI, LVDS, Display Port, HDMI
- Experience with CAD tools such as OrCAD, Allegro, Altium, PADS etc.
- Possess or be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and Outlook
- Willing and able to work extended hours and travel as necessary
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- They will have a working knowledge of systems engineering including: requirements analysis, development, traceability, and verification. Experience with Software Defined Radios (SDRs) is highly desired. Additional experience may include:
- Experience with Software Defined Radios (SDRs) is highly desired.
- Experience with GPS receivers and systems
- Experience with DoD standards and documentation requirements
- Experience with RF receivers and testing
- Experience with integrating COTS System on Module
- Knowledge of PC systems and architectures
- Familiar with Linux OS
- FPGA Development, coding and test
- Microcontroller coding and test in C
- Python programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar technical field
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
Security Clearance Required:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19