The Environmental Engineer is the front-line environmental awareness and defense for YCI. This position gathers, analyzes, and synthesizes data to determine the compliance of Operations. He/she must operate and maintain systems to prevent negative environmental outcomes by maintain a regulatory compliance scheme consistent with all state and federal regulations. Those regulations should promote and protect health, safety, and welfare while considering sound policies regarding employment and economic development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, or supervise the design of, systems, processes, or equipment for control, management, or remediation of water, air, or soil quality.
- Advise corporations or government agencies of procedures to follow in cleaning up contaminated sits to protect people and the environment.
- Collaborate with environmental scientists, planners, hazardous waste technicians, engineers, experts in law or business, or other specialists to address environmental problems.
- Obtain, update, or maintain plans, permits, or standard operating procedures.
- Serve as liaison with federal, state, or local agencies or officials on issues pertaining to solid or hazardous waste program requirements.
- Provide technical support for environmental remediation or litigation projects, including remediation system design or determination of regulatory applicability.
- Prepare, review, or update environmental investigation or recommendation reports.
- Develop site-specific health and safety protocols, such as spill contingency plans or methods for loading or transporting waste.
- Inspect industrial or municipal facilities or programs to evaluate operational effectiveness or ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Assist with planning, quality assurance, safety inspection protocols, or sampling as part of a team conducting multimedia inspections at complex facilities.
- Prepare or present public briefings on the status of environmental engineering projects.
- Develop proposed project objectives and targets and report to management on progress in attaining them.
- Coordinate or manage environmental protection programs or projects, assigning or evaluating work.
- Advise industries or government agencies about environmental policies and standards.
- Direct installation or operation of environmental monitoring devices or supervise related data collection programs.
- Monitor progress of environmental improvement programs.
- Prepare hazardous waste manifests or land disposal restriction notifications.
- Assess the existing or potential environmental impact of land use projects on air, water, or land.
- Prepare, maintain, or revise quality assurance documentation or procedures.
- Assist in budget implementation, forecasts, or administration.
- Provide environmental engineering assistance in network analysis, regulatory analysis, or planning or reviewing database development.
- Inform company employees or other interested parties of environmental issues.
- Develop or present environmental compliance training or orientation sessions.
- Provide administrative support for projects by collecting data, providing project documentation, training staff, or performing other general administrative duties.
- Assess, sort, characterize, or pack known or unknown materials.
- Acts in a manner in accordance with YCI outlined safety policies, procedures and practices
- In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interacts professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
-Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering required.
-10+ years of experience in environmental engineering.
-Previous experience in Chemical or Refining required.
Working knowledge of title V rules and regulations
-Working knowledge of hazardous waste rules
-Working knowledge of waste water regs.
Skills & Abilities:
-Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
-Must be organized and detail oriented, responsible, flexible, and able to handle several projects at the same time
-Should work well under pressure and be able to interface with all levels of professionals throughout the organization
-Must be a team player with a positive, professional attitude
-Excellent oral and written communication skills, with all levels of the organization
-Ability to consistently meet deadlines
-Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
-Self-directed, dependable, and even tempered
-Willingness to adapt and evolve with the changing needs of the business
-Willingness to work extra hours when necessary
-Ability to prioritize and manage one’s own time effectively
Job Type: Full-time
- Environmental: 10 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts