Design Lead Engineer
Do you want to be a part of a company that is on the engineering cutting edge of product development? What about a company diverse in motorcycle and ATV product support, wind energy systems and service? Develop research and physical testing on heavy transportation equipment, its use in practical field application and investigations into catastrophic field failures.
- Manage proficiency and accuracy of design team, assist in structure creation to increase productivity of engineering documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a proficient level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company team values.
- Work on multiple and diverse projects simultaneously
- Work expertly & proficiently in SolidWorks design software,
- Apply working knowledge of various materials; purchasing, sizes, limitations, etc.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with governmental regulations.
- Product design and validation of design team.
- Determine material and tolerance designation for products.
- Coordinate the collection of drawing redlines and incorporate information into drawings.
- Utilize ANSI Y14 drafting standards, file management & techniques to prepare and correct drawings.
- Develop automated templates used to increase proficiency and accuracy of design team.
- Prepare engineering drawings and modeling to establish complete and accurate data necessary for detailed bills of material, part fabrication and assembly builds.
- Develop understanding of the Engineering department's design and CAD workflows
- Participate in value-add project creation.
- Must be able to manage different projects, prioritize and keep all active production products flowing.
- Modifies validation techniques when necessary to solve more complex problems efficiently.
- Possess a continuous improvement outlook and suggest, promote and champion product changes.
- Assist R&D with tooling and fixturing drawings and facilitate expediting of work to tool manufacturers and R&D.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Design software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Extensive SolidWorks Design Software experience.
- Excellent engineering analytical skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Agility in utilizing MS Office suite of applications.
- Strong work ethic.
- High level of interest to learn new skills and product sectors.
- Assertive and confident in adding value to our business.
- Inherent skills required:
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Must be able to work independently or with a team.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Use engineering principles that meet 3D Engineered Solutions design standards, governmental requirements and regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- relevant: 6 years (Required)