NIFCO in Shelbyville, KY is looking for an energetic detailed oriented Customer Quality Engineer that is a positive, hardworking individual that will evaluate product requirements per customer specifications. This person must be professional with excellent customer service skills and must be organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Join our growing Team at NIFCO, our company’s most valuable asset is our employees! NIFCO America is a leading global supplier of functional plastic parts for the automotive industry. NIFCO offers competitive pay, top notch health benefits with low premiums/deductibles, eleven paid holidays, referral bonus, 401K program plus much more... We have a lot of opportunity for growth at NIFCO!
Job Summary: Lead and direct customer issues to closure, by facilitating appropriate teams and problem solving, and providing quality assurance to prevent future quality events
Essential Functions: * (*Include the following but not limited to other duties that may be assigned)
· Primary interface with customers for quality related concerns
· Coordinate, lead, and facilitate customer requests and audits in a timely manner
· Lead teams to develop countermeasures for shortcomings to prevent reoccurrence
· Analyze and interpret drawings, data, manuals, and other materials to determine requirements, inspection/testing procedures, and path forward to resolve the issue
· Plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, testing requirements/procedure, and integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or process
· Coordination of sorting and containment activities (internal/external)
· Maintain all related portals, websites, databases, and tracking systems (internal/external)
· Complete appropriate documentation as required, such as 8Ds, 5Ps, 5-Whys, etc…
· Champion continuous improvement efforts to assure continued customer satisfaction
· Ensure that the existing TS/ISO/etc. quality standards are maintained and followed
· Maintain a positive influence by behaving in a manner that enhances Nifco’s success
- Any additional duties assigned by management
· Four-year degree or equivalent related experience.
- 3-5 years related quality experience in an automotive/manufacturing environment
- ASQ or equivalent certification or training (CQE, LSS Belt, etc)
- Must be able to facilitate and lead cross-functional teams and meetings
- Must be able to understand and interpret part quality standards, drawings, and PPAP’s
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and creating/managing data, metrics, and presentations
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to express ideas and thoughts well
- Must be able to travel for days at a time (internationally as required)
Job Type: Full-time
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
- What are your salary requirements?
Work Location: Multiple Locations