Collier Associates, Inc. was established in 1995 to provide continuous design support and complete electrical and controls engineering packages for its clients. Collier Associates, Inc. has since grown to service many of the region’s process, industrial, and manufacturing facilities by continuously providing them with excellent service and a quality product from design and drawing support to complete engineering design packages, including Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls, and Mechanical packages. Collier Associates, Inc. prides itself on having a diverse team whose experienced engineers and design team has unparalleled hands on field and plant experience. Their experience goes beyond system design and specifications and extends to onsite installation management and start-up and commissioning activities. Collier Associates also provides control system configuration services for many of today’s top DCS and PLC platforms and control languages. We have teamed field-experienced designers with knowledgeable engineers to develop packages and solutions for our clients most unique and difficult problems.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to become an integral part of our team! This individual will work with engineers, designers, product representatives and clients on various projects regarding electrical design, power design, control system design, specifications and cost estimating. This position is primarily responsible for coordinating, implementing, executing, controlling and completing projects ensuring consistency with company strategy and commitment to the highest quality for our clients.
This position requires a competent individual who can find good solutions to difficult problems by using critical thinking and being proactive to interact with other engineers. This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, criteria and applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignment. Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered. Experience in construction and field start up is a plus.
Some of the technical duties are:
- Field investigation and troubleshoot electrical and controls issues.
- Electrical equipment sizing and design.
- Wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Arc Flash and Short Circuit Studies and Evaluations
- Perform load flow, short circuit, and arc flash studies.
- PLC logic development and review.
- Development of logic diagrams, instrument lists, I/O lists, and control narratives.
- Create one-line diagrams.
- Regularly meet and correspond with clients and vendors.
- Manage cable schedule and size cables.
- Perform hazardous area classification studies.
- Electrical Engineering Degree (ABET Accredited)
- Five years of experience in electrical engineering or other related fields
- Familiarity with electrical design.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Excellent written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Electrical engineering: 4 years (Preferred)