Ignidus is a dynamic technology company, delivering high quality results with tailored engineering solutions that transform industries and the businesses and people within them.
We work with brands across all industries including bars and restaurants, spirits production, commercial insurance, professional sports teams and others, providing data-driven enterprise software and system solutions.
Our team consists of a technically diverse group with experience in various disciplines. Their experiences range from Fortune 100 infrastructure and software development, highly scalable eCommerce platforms, disruptive insurance technologies, and more.
At Ignidus, our squad enjoys a casual and fun (and hard-working) environment that fosters innovation and teamwork.
The Senior Backend Developer will work with a team of engineers to develop and improve backend systems for our web platform.
- Participate in development life cycle activities including design, coding, testing and release for our proprietary platform
- Develop full-featured web applications, scale back-end services, web services, restful APIs, and micro services etc.
- Build reusable code and libraries, with scalability, performance, and security in mind
- Work closely with team members and PMs to gather requirements, design, and implement features
- Ensure solutions are smartly scalable and maintainable well beyond initial development and release
- Produce detailed technical specifications and design documents
- Engage in team code reviews, pull requests, and feedback sessions
- At least 10 years of professional programming experience
- 5+ years of professional experience working in PHP 5 and MySQL
- Experience developing in object-oriented design and LAMP distributed systems
- Experience with and understanding of AWS architecture and services, including EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, and VPCs
- Basic understanding of best practices for security while coding.
- Experience using Git/branching in a team environment
- Strong MySQL knowledge (table design, complex query creation, best practices)
- Solid debugging, optimization, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and engaged attitude
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner through all levels of the organization
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
Current Technology Stack
- PHP (Zend Framework)
Visit our website and apply online! www.ignidus.com
Job Type: Full-time
- programming: 10 years (Preferred)
- PHP 5 and MySQL: 5 years (Preferred)