Commercial Construction Project Engineer
Job Summary: The Project Engineer assists and supports Project Managers and Superintendents on assigned projects. The position works under direct supervision, performs routine daily activities, and gathers and distributes information. The Project Engineer must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: NOTE: Enterprise Builders, Inc. unilaterally may change the requirements of this job description at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Plan, develop, coordinate, and manage onsite or in-office construction engineering activities for several projects.
· Complete any assignments by the Project Manager or Superintendent that support the completion of the project in both a timely and accurate manner.
· Maintain professional communication with architects, owners, local authorities and subcontractor representatives.
· Identify possible conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
· Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (includes education, skills and experience): The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field.
· Minimum of five (2) years of experience in commercial construction.
· Thorough knowledge of trades.
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to communicate in a clear manner.
· Customer Service Oriented and excellent communication skills.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Strong computer skills and experience with relevant software applications.
· Experience with Bluebeam, Microsoft Project, Vista and WinEst preferred.
· Team player and goal oriented.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work may be performed both in an office and at construction sites.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; talk or listen.
- The noise in these work environments is usually low to moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Dependent on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location