Excited to grow your career?
Printpack is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of either a Product Development Engineer I, II, or Senior Product Development Engineer I within our Rigid Division. The job title and level will be determined based on the successful candidate's qualifications.
This position is preferably located in Williamsburg, VA, but may also be based out of Atlanta, GA and will report to the Product Development Manager for the Rigid Division. All Atlanta based candidates must be able and willing to travel to Williamsburg, VA and/or Newport News, VA approximately 50% of the time.
Customer Interaction Requirements:
- Advanced level of customer interaction under minimal supervision
- Management of the technical relationship with the customer without direct
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels and functions within the
- Lead customer problem resolution and complaints without supervisory
oversight. Communicates issues and resolution appropriately.
Technical Requirements and Complexity:
Project Management Requirements:
- Subject matter expert within the specific area of responsibility.
- Supporting manufacturing with on-site support of trials and be external resource for materials-related root cause investigation.
- Design commercial specifications to be fit-for-use and fit-for-make. Data gathering and analysis are imperative for success.
- High breadth of cross-functional awareness and commercial knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and manage projects with no direct
supervision. Communicates with supervisor, customers, sales, marketing, manufacturing, and operations planning for a rapid, successful commercialization of new products/technology.
- Leads internal/external resources to efficiently manage projects to
Four (4) year degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Material/Packaging Science, or equivalent work experience.
Five (5) or more years of experience in the packaging industry is preferred.
PET/PE/PS/PP films, adhesives, extrusion, inks experience a plus.
Prior experience working in product development or process engineering, particularly in managing complex projects with direct customer interaction is preferred.
Williamsburg, VA based candidates - approximately 30%; Atlanta, GA based candidates - approximately 50% (Customer/Printpack plant trials).