Jacobs is currently seeking an entry-level to junior software developer or autonomy engineer for our Dayton office. Successful candidates will have a background in Software Development/Engineering (Matlab, C++, Java, Python, CUDA, Open MP, or Intel Intrinsic experience).
- Support the development of autonomous solutions for sensing applications.
- Create new software to facilitate automatic manipulation and exploitation of sensor data.
- Generate new computational solutions to provide vehicles with the capability to introduce sensors into difficult environments with minimal or no human support or control.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science or a related field.
- 0-2 Years relevant experience.
- Experience with common Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques.
- Basic computer programming skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent logic and thinking skills.
- Demonstrated quick learner.
- Comfortable with basic and advanced mathematics, especially logic, algebra, differential equations, Fourier methods, and probability.
- Understanding of Convolutional Neural Networks.
- Understanding of generative techniques, both neural and other.
- Understanding of Cognitive Architectures.
- Theoretical bases for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and autonomy.
- Demonstrated advanced mathematical expertise, especially derivations of algorithms or synthesis of controllers.
- Filter design and implementation.
- Mathematical programming experience, especially optimization and simulation.
- Experience machine learning software packages-Café, Torch, or Theano.
- Experience with AI software packages.
- Robotics experience, robots within uncontrolled or adversarial environments.
- Basic understanding of computer networking and of neutral messaging tools, such as JSON and Google Protobuf.
- Experience with Sensor processing or exploitation, especially SAR, EO, and IR.
- Create new software to facilitate automatically manipulating and exploit sensor data.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .