Legendary Capital, LLC (dba Legendary and Lodging Fund REIT III) is a hotel investment company dedicated to building shareholder wealth through investment in a diversified portfolio of hotel properties. We accomplish this through a proven process that consistently delivers performance through disciplined Acquisitions, Operations, Accounting/Finance and Human Resources. Legendary Capital is a Culture of Performance organization, merging mutual respect, love and affection for our stakeholders, clients and employees with a passion for results.
The Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to our growing team. This position is responsible for maintaining complete and accurate accounting books and records for entities including general ledger maintenance/reconciliation, financial reporting, and budgeting. The Senior Accountant will also assist in calculating complex accounting estimates and providing various financial reports that uphold good business decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze monthly financial statements and present financial results to supervisor and various levels within the company.
- Perform account reconciliations/reviews.
- Develop/calculate significant, complex accounting estimates.
- Assists in the monthly and yearly closing processes.
- Responsible for recording and reviewing recurring journal entries.
- Assists in the preparation and execution of the companies’ compliance and regulatory audits.
- Prepare memos for various technical accounting issues as they arise and perform research of accounting principles as needed to conclude on such issues
- Assist with the review of contracts with non-standard terms impacting revenue recognition including technical accounting conclusions.
- Help in the preparation of the monthly reporting packages to leadership and for the group
- Enhance and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Assist with maintaining and enhancing the internal control process & testing
- Become one of the subject matter experts in accounting systems, policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS/BA in Business, Finance or Accounting required.
- 2+ years of general accounting experience preferred.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to grasp new products, concepts and procedures.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment when performing job duties and display a high degree of integrity, professionalism and respect at all times.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
What do an electrical engineer, multiple Big 4 consultants, an operations guru, librarian, loan processor, advertising agency veteran and a software specialist all have in common? Not much other than where they work now. These varied experiences help to make Legendary Capital what it is! We don’t all think alike, but we all have a passion for Taking Care of the Capital for our investors. When you put us all together you have a team that is setting big goals and achieving them.
We’re from Fargo, so some think we are a bit off our rocker immediately. But if you are from this area you know that the most successful companies embrace that heritage. We work hard—we play hard. We aren’t looking for someone that wants a job, BUT WE ARE hiring people looking for a career. To be successful at Legendary Capital you simply have to make an impact. We empower our team to make decisions and get stuff done, and help develop them through new skills and education into our future leaders. We are in the financial industry but you wouldn’t know it when you walk around the office. No three-piece suits. We keep it casual. But we have one defining trait among the team—there is a drive to do right by our investors and that is at the core of everything we do.
If this sounds like something you are interested in learning more about, hit the apply button or send us your resume. We’re always interested in hiring another rock star! Do you have what it takes to be Legendary?
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)