The ServiceNow Engineer is responsible for working to develop, design and own technical solutions on the ServiceNow platform. The Service Now Engineer will provide administration, application development, maintenance, and technical support by using good practice web programming techniques to configure robust solutions to the customer utilizing the ServiceNow platform.
- Successfully plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all technical tasks related to configuration and implementation of all aspects of the ServiceNow platform.
- Provide software coding and customization including, but not limited to: Service Portal configuration, Flow administration, dashboard and report setup, data imports, integration, scripting, third party software integrations, and custom application development.
- Collaborate with application teams to design and implement data interfaces with other enterprise application systems.
- Update and maintain a comprehensive testing protocol for ServiceNow instance upgrades with the purpose of certifying all applications for use after the upgrade completes.
- Coordinate and solve complex technical data and transformation issues.
- Obtain and analyze/interpret business requirements to purpose sustainable solutions in ServiceNow.
- Answer “how to” technical and application configuration questions.
- Develop, maintain, and execute reports to ensure system operation meets performance targets.
- Create and maintain system design and operations documentation.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- ITIL Concepts
- Advanced scripting experience
- In depth knowledge of development on the ServiceNow Platform, including client and server scripting, ServiceNow REST API, and custom widget development in Service Portal.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow development and configuration best practices.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow database hierarchies and design.
- Experience with development, customization, and administration of multiple components of ServiceNow.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS & Power shell.
- Effectively manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail on each project.
- Adaptable to change and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem analysis skills to include the use of mathematical concepts to validate results.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, disseminate, and present significant amounts of information with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Clear and concise communication with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in ServiceNow development, configuration and administration or related field.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Additional qualifications that may make a person even more effective in the role, but are not required for consideration)
- ITIL Certified
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- ServiceNow Certified Developer
- Additional Locations: United States, United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis-Home Based
- Pay Basis: Biweekly
- Schedule: Full-time
- Driver Policy: No
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations