NOTICE OF POSITION AVAILABLE
Full-Time Permanent Licensed Avionics Technician
Conair is Canada’s most experienced specialty aircraft operations provider, delivering a comprehensive
range of aerial fire control products and services to a variety of national and international customers and
partners. Our long-standing reputation for providing service excellence makes us an industry leader.
Conair’s culture has been built on a team commitment to people, safety and service for 50 years. We are
proud of who we are, what we do and how we do it. Our work environment encourages employees to
maximize their potential through teamwork and learning and we incorporate our values into everything we
do. Some of the things we offer are competitive wages and health benefits, matched pension starting at
3%, Employee Assistance Program, boot allowance, and annual company events.
People define Conair and we currently have an opening for a full time permanent Licensed Avionics
Reporting to Crew Leader, Lead Hand and or department supervisors, an AME-E will work with a
minimum of supervision on Conair aircraft fleet and production projects as assigned.
In this role your duties will include the following:
- Assisting with the maintenance of Conair fleet aircraft and production projects as assigned;
- Completing maintenance and paper work on operational aircraft during operating season;
- Fostering a strong working relationship with Customers, Pilots and Crew;
- Adhering to Conair safety regulation, policies and procedures while performing their duties;
- Completing assigned tasks and related paperwork work in a timely and accurate manner;
- Directing and supervising work crews in the position of Lead Hand as applicable to their training and
- Working within a team environment assisting and or directing fellow employees in the performance of
their duties in a Professional and courteous manner;
We are looking for someone with:
- Maintaining currency as applicable to Conair Maintenance Bulletins and notices;
- Knowledge of CARS regulations as related to aircraft maintenance;
- Understanding the flow and processes involved in the information technologies;
- Support Engineering as required for avionics modification drawings and engineering orders.
- Thorough knowledge of safety rules and regulations governing the work performed;
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft parts and theory of avionics systems;
- Ability to communicate openly with customers and other employees while working in restricted base
- Ability to maintain stamina during busy periods and ability to be self-motivated while on base;
- Skill in working independently, providing guidance to junior Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and
making process decisions where necessary;
- Skill in working effectively with mechanical tools and equipment;
- Thorough knowledge of avionics test equipment use and calibration procedures.
- Grade 12;
- Transport Canada AME ‘E’ License holder;
- Previous general aviation experience an asset;
- Q400 experience preferred.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by
June 9, 2020 with Licensed Avionics Technician in the subject line.