The position is for an experienced Illinois licensed Structural Engineer (S.E.) to oversee the structural engineering work for the Company. The S.E. will be in charge of leading the structural engineering team for E.P and E.P.C. (engineer, procure, construct) projects involving the designing of commercial and industrial steel and concrete structures and foundations. Proficient knowledge of design of structural steel, cast-in-place concrete and deep foundations is a must and experience in designing masonry or marine structures is of benefit.
The S.E. will need to have strong project management skills and be knowledgeable of structural design software such as STAAD and be proficient with AutoCAD. The S.E. will be responsible for reviewing and approving designs and specifications by in-house engineers and outside contractors and insuring designs are within budget and in accordance with applicable codes and project specifications. The S.E. will also be required to perform design work and write specifications as needed to support project schedules.
Travel for meetings with clients, contractors, suppliers will be expected. Occasional international travel may be required. Industries served by the Company include, utilities, mining, oil & gas and ports, to name a few throughout North America.
- Act as the Managing Agent in charge of structural Engineering for the Company
- Work with the Project Manager to keep engineering activities on schedule
- Lead the structural design team and engineering subcontractors for large projects
- Ensure that structural design team has all the necessary tools to do their work efficiently
- Mentor other structural engineers and designers
- Coordinate design activities with other engineering disciplines and issue drawings
- Perform structural engineering design and construct-ability reviews
- Travel for meetings with customer’s project team if necessary
- Must understand the importance of meeting project budgets and schedules
- Need to be creative at solving design problems while keeping them cost-effective.
- Must hold a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Must have a current Illinois SE license, stamp or certify drawings when required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience performing structural engineering work
- May require occasional overtime to meet project schedules
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of programs, primarily Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of 3D design software preferred
- Must have good communication skills and be a team player
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative